Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Disrespectful sons

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

I have three sons, 19, 16 and 15 years old. They curse in every sentence, are violent and all have a history with the police. My oldest son spend 8 months in prison in the beginning of 2012, which has effected him very negatively. The boys work like a group against me, as I am an only mother. I'm tired of feeling disrespected everyday. I've come to the point where I wish I never had kids in the first place...

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I have no advice because I know what I would do if they were my kids but they're not so I'll just move along.
Uniquecoolio
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Has this behavior been ongoing? New? Hell, if they're that bad......I don't blame you. When and why did you give up control of your home to them?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM

If all of your kids turned out that way there was something seriously not right in their home environment. How was their life when they were little? Was there a father around? Abuse?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM

The behavior has always been there. My oldest son is definitely the worse, which I think might be the result of a lot of bad experiences that he has had with his dad. Their father left me when my oldest was 13, and since then he has been in and out of jail and doesn't want contact with them. So I think that was when they got control over things.

Quoting Uniquecoolio:

Has this behavior been ongoing? New? Hell, if they're that bad......I don't blame you. When and why did you give up control of your home to them?

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
No clue. My boys know better.

Why do you put up with it op?
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM

well you & dad should have raised them better. I am pretty damn sure this didnt start all of a sudden. Its not to late to step up and lay down some rules. if they dont follow them then have consequences. let the oldest one move if he cant adjust.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Their father was abusive, mostly toward me. He left when my oldest was in his early teens. Since then he has been in and out of prison and he doesn't want any contact with them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

If all of your kids turned out that way there was something seriously not right in their home environment. How was their life when they were little? Was there a father around? Abuse?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this

If they are all that way I can't help but think maybe you are part of the problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this

If your 19 year old is acting like this, there is no reason why he should be living with you. Woman up and kick his ass out! NOW!  No jail bird would be living under my roof, that's for sure!!! As for the other two, send them to boarding school if they are that bad. You are the mother and you control  what happens in your home. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM
That's really sad. Your father needs to take them under his wing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)