Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's your earliest memory?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 115 Replies

I have two and I'm not sure what happened first:

Riding in our convertible down the mountain and noticing the way the wind feels on my eyelashes. I think I was a toddler. 

or 

Being with my mom and baby sister in our sunlit kitchen or porch. I kept asking Mom about all the things my sister would be able to do. "When ____________ gets bigger, can she run with me? When ___________gets bigger, can she swim with me?" I was two. 

What's yours? 

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Flying on an airplane by myself when I was 3. I flew from Cincinnati to Detroit, less than an hour flight. My mom took me to the gate in Cincinnati and my aunt met me at the gate in Detroit. I had a yellow dress on and a dolly with a matching dress. There was a business man sitting next to me smoking. I spilled my hot chocolate on my dress. The flight attendent was very nice and helped me clean it up.
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I must of been really little bc it involves a crib and I'm crying bc I wet the bed and that's about the earliest
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I remember escaping my daycare lady's house, walking to the street and throwing rocks at cars. I was still in diapers, so I must have been less than 1.5 years. I remember getting put in a playpen afterwards for being naughty.

I am staying home with my kids until they can talk :)
fraujones
by Mommytron on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Quoting 1L2CMommy:

Flying on an airplane by myself when I was 3. I flew from Cincinnati to Detroit, less than an hour flight. My mom took me to the gate in Cincinnati and my aunt met me at the gate in Detroit. I had a yellow dress on and a dolly with a matching dress. There was a business man sitting next to me smoking. I spilled my hot chocolate on my dress. The flight attendent was very nice and helped me clean it up.

Were you scared? 3 seems so young to fly alone. 

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Riding my tricycle in circles around the movers when we moved into my parents home. I was almost 3 years old.. But I remember it very vividly :).
tossed
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM

My earliest memory is of being sexually molested by my oldest brother.

L202M
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM

We were living in Hawaii and my backyard backed up against a sugar cane farm.  The big trucks would drive past my yard on the dirt road and often a large sugar cane log would fall off.  My mother would cut pieces of it off for us to suck on.  I was 3.

tardistraveller
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Seeing an orange fish in a tank while I was rocking.  My mom says I had a goldfish tank in my nursery and she bf me while on a rocking chair.  Don't know if it's from that though, it could have been some nap time as a toddler.

1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Yes, I remember being very nervous and scared. It was also exciting and a big deal. I felt very important. I can't believe my mom let me go by myself. Different time I guess. She says she basically walked me on the plane and my aunt walked me off. The flight attendents kept a good eye on me. I don't think I could let my 10 year old go alone much less my 3 year old!
fraujones
by Mommytron on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Quoting tossed:

My earliest memory is of being sexually molested by my oldest brother.

Horrible :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)