Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

people who use electronic cigatrrettes are still smoking ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 117 Replies
And I don't want them smoking those things around me or my kids. I don't believe in them or think they should be allowed to use them inside public places like restaurants.

ETA onsumer Inquiries: 888-INFO-FDA
FDA and Public Health Experts Warn About Electronic Cigarettes
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced that a laboratory analysis of electronic cigarette samples has found that they contain carcinogens and toxic chemicals such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Bump
JustBreath2013
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM
8 moms liked this
Actually it is water vapor with tobacco in it. It is the same as quitting.you do nit get cancer from tobacco, you get it from the carcinogens and additives in actual cigarettes. If a smoker switches to e cigs they will repair their lungs and lessen their chances of cancer the same as someone who quit completely. Do your homework.
TheDoctorsWife
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Bump
TheDoctorsWife
Bump
mellyfury

i think it makes people look like douchbags!(walking through a store or mall with them or at a restaurant)
my hubby got one and tried to bring it in Walmart  i wasn't having that shit!
but after two weeks he went back to reg ciggerettes and i bitch about his smoking everyday..

zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this

It's legal becaue there is NO smoke involved, alot of the liquid used doesn't even contain nicotine.  It is still reinforcing the oral habit of smoking yes, but does not harm others

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM
You realize its just water vapor right... No harmful chemicals...
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I'm a non smoker with severe lung problems and I agree with this. I don't let anyone smoke in my house but really don't have a problem with the ecig.

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Actually it is water vapor with tobacco in it. It is the same as quitting.you do nit get cancer from tobacco, you get it from the carcinogens and additives in actual cigarettes. If a smoker switches to e cigs they will repair their lungs and lessen their chances of cancer the same as someone who quit completely. Do your homework.

manda.
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM
It's a hell of a lot better than actual cigarettes.. And it doesnt smell. No complaints here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM

They don't continuously smoke like a real cigarette does.  I still think they shouldn't be allowed inside but they are better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)