Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Preschool vent am I expecting too much?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 16 Replies
My ds3 will be starting preschool on the 3rd. When I enrolled him in July I was told open house would be August 29th and I would be getting a letter in the mail and a phone call from his teacher. So I took the 29th off, well it's the 22nd and no letter no call. So I called the school to confirm that open house was the 29th and they told me they don't have a set date yet and the teacher will call me to let me know. Wth less than 2 weeks before school and you don't have a date set. Not everyone can stay at home. A lot of parents work and need some kind of notice so they can take off work. Am I being unreasonable? Would you be frustrated?
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4lilbundles
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I would be frustrated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Most kids in preschool do have stay at home parents. If both parents work the kid needs full day care, not preschool. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I would be fustrated.  As a child care teacher in the past I had to have things planned out like a month in advance so it wouldn't have happened at my center.  Hopefully they have it in the evening or for extended number of hours. I know my kids open house is like 3 till 7.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I might be a little frustrated. Do you know who his teacher is going to be? Do you have contact info for them? Maybe you could send a quick email asking if they have decided on a date yet.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

No, they are being unorganized. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM
The preschool I work at doesn't have an open house. When you enroll your child, you are given the first day of school, supply list and everything else you need.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM
It's open house, get over it.
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I would be pissed off. My gfs school never bothered to inform parents there's meet the teacher day till she called them. When she asked the office why no one sent anything out she was told its her job to check the schools website.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Mobile Photo

We start school Tuesday the 27. I got this letter yesterday the 21st and open house is only the day before the 26. Note they don't expect working parents to attend and that you can meet the teacher later in the school year :/ I stay home since my son is disabled but little notice if I was working would piss me off
lasombrs
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM
This is also our second year so not as big of deal to me. But or new comers I think the info should have gone out in early august
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)