Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why should McDonald's workers get paid $15 an hour?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 550 Replies
6 moms liked this
Min wage is like $8 something here. Fast food workers are demanding double that?!

That is just ridiculous IMO. What say you?

Also, which jobs should be min wage then?

Eta: wow my post is featured! Thanks cm admins :) I think its neat.
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM
31 moms liked this
They shouldn't get $15 an hour. If they want a higher paying job they should go to school then. Fast food workers are meant to be for high school kids or People just wanting to get out the house and work. I don't think it's really meant to make a living off of. They take frozen food put it in a warmer and serve it to you honestly how hard is that. That's my opinion
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM
4 moms liked this
They shouldn't. There are people with advanced degrees that don't make that.
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM
8 moms liked this

my dh gets $15 an hour and had to go to school for it. I took a 11$ an hr job after graduating because i needed a job and i can work my way up from here. i'd be pissed if a fast food worker(non management) made more than i do with a degree.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

They shouldn't. That's just silly. If you want to make good wages get a education and job search for something with more responsibility. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

They should NOT get $15 an hour. I have worked as a manager at McDonald's too and am still against it. You want more money go after it, get another job, go to school,work two jobs. It is not a family support kinda job, its more of a temporary job to make ends meet, not a career.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

They get paid $17 an hour, plus full benefits, where I live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM
3 moms liked this

I am a substitute teacher with an MA degree and I do not make $15 an hour.

SaraBethKY
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

After taxes I made $8.50 as a teacher at the private school I worked at. I have a degree from a very good university, one for which I am still paying for 6 years after graduation and will be paying for at least for a few more years. So basically, I should've just joined the fast food industry...?

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think they should.  I think pay should be based on need, and there is an abundance of low skilled workers available in the workforce.  I'm for a minimum wage increase, but not for a certain industry.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Don't they realize they would have college educated people taking their jobs if it went up to $15 an hour?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)