Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am anxious about going to my appointment. Update..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Tomorrow at noon I will be having a first appointment with a consular at a phsycatrist place. I have been struggling ever since I was little and I beleive I may have a form of PTSD.. I am beleived to have a.d.d and processing disorders so all my other symptoms have need counted to that.. I have spoken to some people before but never any who worked with physiatrists.. I want answers and help I want so bad to be normal... The thing is I'm terrified of what they will say.. Maybe nothig is wrong with me and I'm just a baby and need to put my girl panties on... Maybe I'm bat shit crazy and it will give a reason for my ex to take my daughter.. But the scariest part of all is telling my story I'm not even certain what I'm going to say my past is so fuzzy from emotions I can hardly rember things j get so anxious I don't think clearly..

My step mom is paying for the first visit and then said we will see what happens I'm beig evaluated tomorrow I guess. If I don't have my car back my friend said he would take me which is good because when I asked my ex he flipped and said I needed to pay him.. My moms friend is the office manager at the place and that's how we found it and it is also a female doctor and female consulars so I won't panic.. Honestly I'm flustered and anxious and a part of me wants to just skip it and not deal with it.. I'm sorry if this is hard to understand I'm so out of it and have been lately

* I'm not sure how the appointment went but afterwards I did have to fill out a depression sheet which showed I have depression which she may link to PTSD or whatever.. She seemed like she really Wanted me to visit again and soon
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Bump.... I was molested at 14-16 and have very good reasons to beleive that I was raped as a small child but have repressed the memories.. Also I was bullied throughout my childhood and still am now. I am 20... That's the short safe version,. Can anyone help me calm my nerves?
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this
My first appt with my therapist wasnt that bad. Intake appts arent really about talking about you.. its more about answering general questions, so dont worry too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Thanks, I was told it was an evaluation..

Quoting -spork2.0-:

My first appt with my therapist wasnt that bad. Intake appts arent really about talking about you.. its more about answering general questions, so dont worry too much.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs and good for you for going.  Let us know how it goes.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Best wishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jujubear1
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
No advice, but good luck!
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Thankyou, I will update after the evaluation appointment tomorrow.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Hugs and good for you for going.  Let us know how it goes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Thankyou

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Best wishes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Thankyou :) I have my friend coming over for the evening while my daughter goes to her fathers she has ot therapy tomorrow and out appointments conflict so he will have to take her.

Quoting jujubear1:

No advice, but good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)