Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We need a back up plan *PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 5 Replies

With my first two pregnancies, I starting showing way late. With DS it was about 4-5 months. With DD it was around 4 months.

I thought this time would be about the same, so I planned to announce our pregnancy at the end of DD birthday party in November. We were going to get my family together for one big final picture and say "Now everyone say 'I'm pregnant'," lol. I'd like to get all they're reactions :) We also have a cute plan to tell SO's mom the day before the party, if she plans not to go. (She's my DD, not SO's and my family don't like her too well and I think she knows that.)

But now I been all up in CM, cause all of you are really the only ones I can talk to right now. I'm starting to think I am going to be showing by then. I've been hearing you show sooner and sooner every pregnancy. I'll be 15 weeks on DD's birthday. And just to go ahead and cover the baggy clothes suggestion, I always, ALWAYS dress up for parties. Someone in my family will notice, I'm certain.

We only have one other get together before then, it's my nephews birthday Sept 8th. I don't really want to announce it then, because I feel like it might be disrespectful to take away the attention on his bday. With my DD she will be apart of it, as she will be a big sister, and she will know before everyone else so I feel this will be ok.

Also, my family lives about 20 or so minutes away from me, and they are spead out pretty good in that town and the next one over, so it would be a hell of a trip to visit each of them. I have 5 siblings by the way.

Any ideas that aren't too overly complicated?

pregnancy due date
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PyschMeh
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:37 AM

BUMP!

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Hey hun. I dont have any ideas but had to tell you that your siggy thing made me LOL...kinda loud. ;) 

Congratulations and GL!! 

Quoting PyschMeh:

With my first two pregnancies, I starting showing way late. With DS it was about 4-5 months. With DD it was around 4 months.

I thought this time would be about the same, so I planned to announce our pregnancy at the end of DD birthday party in November. We were going to get my family together for one big final picture and say "Now everyone say 'I'm pregnant'," lol. I'd like to get all they're reactions :) We also have a cute plan to tell SO's mom the day before the party, if she plans not to go. (She's my DD, not SO's and my family don't like her too well and I think she knows that.)

But now I been all up in CM, cause all of you are really the only ones I can talk to right now. I'm starting to think I am going to be showing by then. I've been hearing you show sooner and sooner every pregnancy. I'll be 15 weeks on DD's birthday. And just to go ahead and cover the baggy clothes suggestion, I always, ALWAYS dress up for parties. Someone in my family will notice, I'm certain.

We only have one other get together before then, it's my nephews birthday Sept 8th. I don't really want to announce it then, because I feel like it might be disrespectful to take away the attention on his bday. With my DD she will be apart of it, as she will be a big sister, and she will know before everyone else so I feel this will be ok.

Also, my family lives about 20 or so minutes away from me, and they are spead out pretty good in that town and the next one over, so it would be a hell of a trip to visit each of them. I have 5 siblings by the way.

PyschMeh
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol, I love it, can't wait to see what it say in the next phase :)Thank you!

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

Hey hun. I dont have any ideas but had to tell you that your siggy thing made me LOL...kinda loud. ;) 

Congratulations and GL!! 

Quoting PyschMeh:

pregnancy due date
mommyof2andTTC
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I'm on my 2nd child and I didn't start showing till later this pregnancy so I'm not much help... I'm also a great deal smaller with this pregnancy than I was with the last... if your that worried buy a really pretty sweater to wear that will hide any bump that could be showing so they don't get suspicious...
PyschMeh
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)