Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need help! I'm in so much pain. Edit!

I posted yesterday trying to figure out what I could eat while being terribly sick with a kidney infection. I tried eating mashed potatoes, soup, and a banana. They all made me sooooo sick! Around 10 last night I ate a freezer pop and kept that down. I've ate soup today like 5 bites.

My questions are (if you've had one before) when does the pain stop and why do I constantly have such a terrible migraine to the point I feel like im going to pass out?

*Edit* I just threw up everything from this morning. I called my family doctor to see if I could get an appt. They said they don't have any open today and that if im feeling this bad and it doesn't get better than I need to go back to the ER.
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM

First of all, seek medical attention.

Secondly, the potassium in all those foods is going to make your kidneys work HARDER and is no good for kidney issues. My husband had failing kidneys for the first few years we met and he (we) were on a fairly strict diet because of it.

Low sodium, low potassium, low phosphorus. Eat tums BEFORE a meal as a phosphorus binder. Drink WATER. Lots and lots and lots of water. You can also drink Apple Juice, Cranberry Juice. Make sure it's 100% juice without many extras, not any of the Ocean-Spray or juice-blend crap. Probiotic yogurt is good for kidney/urniary tract infections (but limit your dairy intake otherwise). Berry rich antioxidents (blueberries and cranberries). Cucumbers (without the skin) help flush out toxins. Other good veggies: asparagus, bell Peppers, cabbage, garlic, cauliflower, onions.

I dealt with a special kidney diet for about 4 years before he had a transplant, it's not easy. Get medical help for sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM

are you in the dark ages?

head shop is a retail outlet specializing in tobacco paraphernalia used for consumption of tobacco, legal highs, legal party powders and New Age herbs, as well as counterculture art, magazines, music, clothing, and home decor; some head shops also sell oddities, such as antique walking sticks and sex toys.

Products purchasable in these outlets typically include pipes; pipe screens;water pipes in countries with Tobacco paraphernalia laws; cigarette clips; vaporizersrolling papersrolling machinesscales or balances; blacklight-responsive posters; incensecigarette lighters; legal drugs such as whipped-cream chargers (which contain nitrous oxide) and Salvia divinorum (illegal in some countries and some US states); and products such as the Whizzinator.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

What's a head shop?

Quoting Anonymous:

i'm willing to bet you CAN just go buy it...try talking to someone at a head shop

Quoting lunchforthesky:

Ya im just saying I can't go buy the oil and idk how to make it.

Quoting Anonymous:

well, when you've been in pain long enough, and drs don't listen or care about your pain, you WILL go to any length to get rid of it, or at least try to minimize it...at that point, no one gives two shits if it's legal or not, as long as the pain is gone

Quoting lunchforthesky:

Idk what that is and I don't live in a legal state.

Quoting Anonymous:

because you have not tried cannabis oil...

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

OP I remember your 1st post. If you are on antibiotics you should be feeling much better. They should have also given you antinausea meds. You may need IV antibiotics. Time to go back in to the doc because you should not still be feeling this way.

zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Benadryl can settle your tummy, also get some AZO tabs, you can get them at any grocery store, it stops the bladder and kidney spasms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM

yeah, he's a fuckin ass...

Quoting lunchforthesky:

Can I get an amen! Lol he think because they gave me pain killers that they will make me feel better but they make me feel worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

your 'friend' is NO friend for leaving you in pain, and not trying to help you....i'd dump that ass hole if i were you...YES, you DO need to worry about your pain

Quoting lunchforthesky:

I told DF I wanted to get some but he told me I didn't need to worry about that right now. It always helps when im sick but I have no way to get any.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cannabis period

It really helps!!! Especially with my chronic migraines and arthritis pain

Quoting Anonymous:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM

LOL No I am not in the dark ages. I wouldn't call that a head shop, I would call it a smoke shop.

Quoting Anonymous:

head shop is a retail outlet specializing in tobacco paraphernalia used for consumption of tobacco, legal highs, legal party powders and New Age herbs, as well as counterculture art, magazines, music, clothing, and home decor; some head shops also sell oddities, such as antique walking sticks and sex toys.

Products purchasable in these outlets typically include pipes; pipe screens;water pipes in countries with Tobacco paraphernalia laws; cigarette clips; vaporizersrolling papersrolling machinesscales or balances; blacklight-responsive posters; incensecigarette lighters; legal drugs such as whipped-cream chargers (which contain nitrous oxide) and Salvia divinorum (illegal in some countries and some US states); and products such as the Whizzinator.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

What's a head shop?

Quoting Anonymous:

i'm willing to bet you CAN just go buy it...try talking to someone at a head shop

Quoting lunchforthesky:

Quoting Anonymous:

well, when you've been in pain long enough, and drs don't listen or care about your pain, you WILL go to any length to get rid of it, or at least try to minimize it...at that point, no one gives two shits if it's legal or not, as long as the pain is gone

Quoting lunchforthesky:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM

maybe the name just varies with the area of the country..around here, they're called 'head shops'

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

LOL No I am not in the dark ages. I wouldn't call that a head shop, I would call it a smoke shop.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

What's a head shop?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lunchforthesky:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lunchforthesky:

Quoting Anonymous:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

And I am not against pot but that is not what you need right now LOL. You need anti biotics for a sever kidney infection. Pot will not get rid of the infection that is causing your pain. Don't listen to these peeps.

Acid
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Are you really content with spending your life wtih a guy who doesn't give a shit about you? 

You need some medical attention and he says you're fine. 

Another woman with the 'any man is better than no man' thought process.

Quoting lunchforthesky:

Can I get an amen! Lol he think because they gave me pain killers that they will make me feel better but they make me feel worse.

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

lunchforthesky
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Yes I agree but its all I have right now. It doesn't help barely at all. I just feel terrible. I'd rather just smoke a blunt and take some ibuprofen.

Quoting Anonymous:

hydrocodone is one of the MOST addictive drugs out there...SO MANY people are addicted and can't get off it...the drs answer is to just up the dose when one formula isn't working anymore...hydrocodone is also VERY bad on the body, can cause all kinds of long term problems

Quoting lunchforthesky:

Yes and hydrocodone

Quoting deenakate:

Are you on medications for your infection?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)