Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pre-K and butt-wiping?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 226 Replies
3 moms liked this

DS just turned 4 two months ago and I still wipe his butt most of the time just to make sure everything is clean down there after he poops. The other day, my sister (who has no kids) babysat him for a couple hours and he happened to have to poop while she was was there. When he was done, he shouted out that he's ready and she was puzzled as what he was talking about. To her surprise, he was waiting for her to wipe his butt. When I got back, she lectured me on how he should be wiping his own butt by now and when he starts school, the teachers are absolutely not going to be wiping his butt. DS will be starting Pre-K Sept 9th and so lately I have been trying to get him to wipe his own butt with wipes. He isn't too bad at it as long as it isn't a messy poop. I am worried that the teachers really aren't going to help out if he needs to the help. Will he have poop all over his back the whole day because they won't help? The 28th is orientation, so I will bring it up but I am still a bit worried about it. 

Thanks for all the responses. I suppose this a parenting fail on my end for not teaching him this much sooner. As mentioned, currently his wipe isn't too bad unless its particularly messy. We have until Sept 9th to keep practicing - that's a little over 2 weeks from now. We are entering butt-wiping boot camp as of today lol. 

Holy Shit! My 1st featured post!!! (Pun intended lol)

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM
3 moms liked this
You'll have to ask the teachers that. Our pre-k teachers didn't. I *still* have to remind my 5 yr old!! But she is getting better bc, and this is tmi, her undies don't have marks in them! :)
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

My son didn't wipe his butt last year for prek4. He simply didn't poop once the whole year at school. I volunteered in his class and a lot of the kids had problems with this. the teachers can not wipe a butt. So if he cant learn to poop before or after his day at school he has to start practicing wiping. We accomplished this feat this summer before he entered k5 next week. :) 

Photo: -Randi.

christina0607
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM
15 moms liked this
Why would you want them to wipe your kids butt?

No teacher wants to wipe your kids ass ....ever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM
5 moms liked this

Your sister is correct.  The teachers/school will NOT wipe his butt! SMH

smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

My son turned 4 in March and we're working with him to wipe his own. He does pretty well, but I still check.

It has helped keeping wipes by the toilet. It's easier to use those than TP.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Have your son start wiping his own butt. He is old enough now to learn. I wouldn't want a teacher wiping my sons ass.

staceysgorbach
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Why would he have poop on his back?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
At 4, he needs to be wiping himself. Do not expect your child's teacher to do that. That's not what they're there for, they are teachers. And with a class full of kids they can't do that, it's disgusting.

Teach your kid to do for himself BEFORE school. He's definitely old enough.
sadiebug1228
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM
The teachers here don't wipe butts or noses or pull up and fasten clothing. The curriculum here is so ridiculous that the teachers literally don't have time to button a button.

So no ur son would need to learn but not all schools r like this. My son will be 5 next week and he's been doing it since he was 3. I taught him to be very independent cause of the schools around here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deenakate
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

He should be able to care for himself before going to pre school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)