Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is what I'd call a mom taking pictures of her sick and crying child in the hospital. How about you put the fucking phone away and console your kid? No, they'd rather take pictures to post on-line to get "there there's" from strangers. Yes, Mrs. Judgenston is judging you. 

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Replies (261-270):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Lol, this is coming from a mom who's newborn in the profile pic looks like she is about to fall out the arms of a small child. You make me laugh! Judgemental Judy!

ddrw89
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I agree, my husband was deployed when my son broke his foot, waiting for the doctor he was in tears wishing his dad was home. I took a picture of him and his foot,emailed to his dad. He felt so much better when dad called 30 minutes later to give him words of encouragement as well as being able to acknowledge the fact he saw it was black and blue.

Quoting JustBreath2013:

Depends on what happened. Maybe it was for documentation. Maybe it was cause dad asked for a pic of the incident or problem. Did you see this on FB? No! You were next to a person. How do you know that dad isn't in Afghanistan and concerned and she sent a pic via skype? To there without sin, cast the first stone.

pbjbarr
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I took a picture of my 18 month old when he was in the hospital with a cast on his arm. But he was in the cast already and not screaming his brains out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Just this week two different people had pictures of their kids in the hospital on facebook.  One mom had an entire album of her child headed off for a tonsilectomy (sp).  The other was in the ER with her very very sick diabetic son.  Its just for sympathy that it...I know I took a picture of my son before his surgery but i sent it to my mom and that was it.  I didn't post it online...

AnotherKim
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Right? Don't you love it when people start shit and then run away.
AnotherKim
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Quoting N_maricle:

Yep. She should be comforting her child, not using their illness to get attention on Facebook.

If you go back and read the comments you'll understand why she took the picture and posted it.
monicas3w
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a stupid addiction and the children are suffering and learning from it. We are raising tech junkies. I hate the cell phone. I only have one for emergencies, like getting a flat or stuck on the side of the road. Both has happened and thank god I had my phone and I only use my computer when my kids are asleep. The time with our children pass quickly and are very prescious. At least that's how I feel.

mileysmom331
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM

i have to agree, thats screwed up big time, when my DD was in the hospital i didnt take pictures of her, i didnt want the reminder of her hooked to all those machines, now yes when we were at the ER before we even knew what was wrong, me and her were taking pictures and she was all smiles even with the IV in her arm :( but once they told me she had to be transferred and she was in ICU (it was only acid reflux but we didnt know at the time) i never touched my phone never updated anything, i shut down for a while not just my phone but also myself, i didnt even speak to my mother, i just sat in the room with her sitting by the porta crib and would just cry, the moms that do take the pictures and such like in the post, just want attention in my opinion

sundress_queen
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM

my youngest son was really sick and in the hospital.  And my friends and family kept texting me about updates and when I didnt answer they just kept coming.  So I took a picture of him and sent it to everyone and asked them to leave us alone that I would update them when we got home.  So i guess I am shitty parent.

Gingerbell.RN
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I have pictures of my son fresh after his cranial surgery and he is obviously upset. I took them to look back on because it is a huge moment in his life. He will want to see how his head shape has progressed when he is older i'm sure. Also, family and friends want to understand what exactly the surgeons did.

I personally would not judge these mothers. You never know circumstance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)