Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mobile Photo

Do you call it a "lazy eye" when someone has a droopy eyelid? I know the medical term is ptosis, but I have had people comment about my son's left eyelid being droopy and call it a lazy eye. I thought a "lazy eye" had to do with the actual eyeball muscles causing the eyes to not align properly.

My son got his genetically. I have it, too. Actually, he is my little clone, just a boy version. I have been considering surgery on mine because it is getting worse as I age.
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (31-35):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I had a lazy eye as a child, so I would just call his a droopy eyelid because it's different than what I had.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Mine is from my TBI and permanent, gets worse with migraines
smurfbitebug
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I've got that going on. I don't think it's gotten worse as I've gotten older, per se.. but changes in my face can make it appear worse or better. Gaining weight, losing it, etc. If I'm overly tired, for sure. It's not something that he should worry too much over.. I've seen pics of you in the past and haven't really noticed it.. but then again I don't pick apart a picture, if I notice anything in particular it is a nice smile or great cheekbones or something along those lines. Most people, you can half their face and they would look like two different people.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I just say lazy eye and on him it's barely noticeable.

o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I wouldn't call that a lazy eye, no.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN