Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A Teacher Saved My Daughters Life *Update #2

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 385 Replies
72 moms liked this
I got a call from the school saying that my 9 year old daughter had choked at lunch. She signaled to her teacher who (thankfully) was quick to react and gave her the heimlich. It took over a minute but the teacher dislodged the food.

I'm at the ER with my daughter now. The school called an ambulance then called me. They just did xrays because they suspect she may have a cracked rib. In my eyes that is a small price to pay for my daughters life. Other than a possibly cracked rib and sore throat, my daughter is fine.

I really want to find a special way to thank her teacher. Do you guys have any ideas? I feel indebted to her. Because of her I still have my little girl!!!

UPDATE:

My little girl has a fractured rib on the left and 2 on the right. There is not much they can do other than tell her to take it easy for a few weeks. They also said her lungs look clear.

For those of you talking about suing...

I would never in a million years even consider that. She saved my little girls life. If not for her quick thinkinh the call i could have gotten would have been a lot worse.

Everyone else, thank you so much for the suggestions and well wishes. Keep them coming if you have got more!!!

UPDATE # 2

My girl is home and resting not so comfortably. I gave her some tylenol and an ice pop for the sore throat. Her and her sisters have decided they want to make her teacher thank you cards. My sister wants to send her something from edible arrangements to thank her as well. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I've spoken to the vice principal about getting the teacher recognized at the next assembly. She said she'll look into it.

I've gotten some really good suggestions about what to for her teacher and I really appreciate it. I'm carefully considering every suggestion. Thank you all again. I appreciate the support!!
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM
5 moms liked this

OMG.  Wow.

Thank the gods for your daughter's teacher!  Glad she is ok!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM
27 moms liked this

You can never go wrong with Chocolate and maybe talk to the Principal about giving her special recognition at the next assembly. 

CrossStitchMum
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:14 PM
3 moms liked this
God Bless that teacher! And I hope your daughter feels better soon :) I don't really know what you could do, but maybe you could both make a nice card/small hamper :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM
48 moms liked this
Ask the school board and local paper to give her recognition.
countrybumkin79
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Wow I am so glad the teacher was payinjg attention and got there quick. Hope your dd heals quickly. How about a nice card thanking her with a pic of your dd in it. 

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM
13 moms liked this

Gift card for some pampering to a spa in your area?

TheDoctorsWife
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM
7 moms liked this
That's wonderful!!! Call the local paper.
shajdinyak
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM
What did she choke on? Glad she is ok!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM
4 moms liked this
Well she certainly does deserve a big thank you and you're right a cracked rib is nothing compared to the alternative. Maybe a good box of chocolates and a certificate for a massage.
marrionsmommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM
18 moms liked this
A lifetime supply of lifesavers ;) would be cute. Thank god she was there my son once chocked in his high chair right next to us , hubby thought he was just acting funny, I yanked him outta his chair (lucky I forgot to strap the harness in) and held him upsidedown and pounded on his back . Thank the lord it worked, I dontnknow what I would do without him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN