Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know you love you some fried chicken when you're poor and black!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Colorado lawmaker links black poverty to chicken, somehow

22 hrs ago

Vicki Marble, a Republican state senator in Colorado, was lambasted Wednesday after making comments tying the poverty rate among black people to eating fried chicken. "Although I've got to say, I've never had better barbecue and better chicken and ate better in my life than when you go down South," she said. She then pointed out that Mexicans stop eating vegetables when they move to the United States. “These things aren’t good for you,” Marble said. “There’s so many attributing factors as to why these graphs look the way they do.”

Marble said African-Americans can't help some things, such as sickle cell anemia.

The comments were made during a meeting of the Economic Opportunity Poverty Reduction Task Force meeting at the Denver capitol, and lawmakers were shown statistics that highlighted the disparities in poverty rate by race. Democratic Rep. Rhonda Fields voiced her offense at the comments: "I will not engage in a dialogue where I'm in the company, where you are using the stereotype references about African-Americans and chicken and food ... I will just not tolerate that," Fields said. [Source]

WTF? I am more conservative than liberal (I would never label myself a republican or a democrat) but DAMN! How are these dumbasses even elected?! I'm a rich white woman and I eat fried chicken at least once a week!!! This woman is a typical bigoted witch!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM

bump

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
My lily white ass loves some fried chicken. Of course, we aren't well-off. We're lower middle class.
lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I love fried chicken! Doom on her!
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I know plenty of "white folks" who enjoy fried chicken!
Hell there's even a song! About it.
Zack brown band? Chicken fry...
Anyone???
No?
Ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Love that song! I even like my chicken fry with a cold beer on a Friday night. Hey! Guess I know what we're having for dinner! 

Quoting cateringtomel:

I know plenty of "white folks" who enjoy fried chicken!
Hell there's even a song! About it.
Zack brown band? Chicken fry...
Anyone???
No?
Ok.

supercarp
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM

And she means "contributing factors," not "attributing factors." Nope, not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Wtf....that is all.
Steph103
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I'm poor and I love fried chicken. I'm white... Some people are dumb!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I obviously got the wrong skin color then...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a white middle class woman that loves me some fried chicken! She is an idiot!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)