Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

one month old trick or treating?!?! yay or nay

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

i'm currently pregnant and due late september....my son will be a month old on halloween and i really wanted to take him trick or treating...its my first child and i've missed the excitement of getting dressed up for halloween and seeing all the kids run around...

i was really looking forward to taking him around this year...i know he wont remember it but i thought it would be nice to have pictures and its a fun memory for me right...i'm a single mom and dont have much else to do?

but when i mentioned something about it to my mom she said that was silly and how i couldn't take him out because it was rude or something 

how would you feel if a lady came to your door with a one month old on halloween?? i never thought it was a big deal but would that annoy you??

update** just moved towns so i have no friends around to go in a group and unfortunatlely i'm out of grandparents....i live with my mom but she works...maybe his dad will have something going on with his family that we can join in on

also i live in houston texas so its not really cold at all here....70s probably

**update again** just messaged my sons father and he said it would be great if me and DS came and celebrated halloween with his family...that way i get to dress him up and take pictures...he gets to be around dad and i'll still get candy :D:D

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Sorry but I think it would be weird too. Is there a group you can go with? I always dressed my kids up and with my first we just walked around with my sister and her kids but they didn't actually go to people's doors until they were almost 2 (I had feb/march babies)

Why don't you dress up the baby and have him open the door with you?
daisybaby91
by lipstick on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I wouldnt do it because its cold on halloween here.... and i do think it is a little weird. Im planning on dressing my baby up, but not taking him trick or treating. I dont need the candy anyway, i have baby weight to lose.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Dress up and hand out candy.

I would think it was a little weird because obviously he's not going to eat the candy.
dlnimo
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I never did.  I brought the twins out when they were a month old but that was to take my oldest DD out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Keep him home. Dress him up take pics go to grandparents house. I took my youngest out just because I have a older boy who was dressed up but when the older boy was little we didn't take him out till he was 3
Katkinson
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM

To family and close friends only. 

Anyway, that's how I feel about it. 

meg0620
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
I took my 4 month old last year.
SoPoetic
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Id dress him up and hand out candy with him...but even if its too cold out i wouldnt let him come to the door with me everytime i opened it..he may get sick

ARPsMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Last year my son was just over a month old and we took him to a few different family members houses to go trick or treating. Then we went over a friend of my family and my sister sat with him handing out candy while we took the other kids(ds1 was 4 and my nieces and nephews) trick or treating. W vac pretty cold Halloween so I didn't want to risk him getting too cold.
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I dont think I would want to take my child out for a few hours only a month after he was born. Why not go in a group? our just dress up and and pass it candy?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)