Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

male cat behavior?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

okay both females are spayed and we are going to do the male next but here lately he has been a turd!!!! he has been pooping in places besides the litter box *its clean* and its BIG piles and it stinks!! and he has been more affectionate and needy lately. can he be *in heat* for the male? LOL if i sound stupid its because i am. we never got our cats fixed when i lived at home *they was all outside cats* and i have no idea of the male behavior

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Most likely that behavior will stop after he's fixed. Although don't be surprised if he still pees around from time to time. I have four girls and a boy... He's the only one that gives us problems marking his territory despite being fixed at four months.

Get an enzymatic cleaner.
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:08 PM

sigh thank you :)

Quoting Snakecharm:

Most likely that behavior will stop after he's fixed. Although don't be surprised if he still pees around from time to time. I have four girls and a boy... He's the only one that gives us problems marking his territory despite being fixed at four months.

cupomeow
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Hydrogen peroxide, a small squirt of dishsoap and a few table spoons of baking soda is a great cat smell cleaner. Do a test spot first but I have never had a problem with it staining or bleaching anything. It works better than anything I have ever used and it is cheap.

Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM
He mostly gets like this when the seasons change spring and fall. he's a pain in the ass. Lol. He's lucky I love him.

Quoting silverdawn99:

sigh thank you :)

Quoting Snakecharm:

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Have his balls off before he starts to spray.  Seriously.  Make it a priority, he can ruin your home with that crap.

I used to raise show cats and managing a stud can be insane.

Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Mobile Photo

My naughty boy on the left, and one of my angelic girls on the right. :)
sampson200
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:15 PM

How many cats do you have?

He might simply need his own litterbox.

One litterbox for multiples isn't the best: you should have one for each, plus one more.

Be grateful he isn't spraying your furniture, curtains, etc since he isn't fixed.

And hurry and get that done: a spayed pet is a happier pet.

Believe me.

xoxRachelxox
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Get him fixed ASAP! Once they start to spray, they sometimes continue even after they're nurtured.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)