Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

:( Just venting because we have never been in this position before....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

simple frownI am here posting anon because I am just really frustrated, sad, hell, just plain disgusted with the situation we are in.  We have never had to depend on anyone for help before, ever.  

Well, my husband has been laid off for awhile now.  Word came down that the company is closing so he is completely out of work, no chance of going back.  The job market here kinda sucks, I know, where doesn't it.  He has been getting unemployment and that has been covering the bills but we have gone through savings paying for medical bills and such.

We have four children, luckily our oldest is living out on his own and doing really well. We have two that are starting school right after Labor Day and our youngest is starting preschool part time the second week of September which is a blessing in itself.

I am unable to work because I am confined to a wheelchair and unable to work.  I guess I am just here venting because I really don't want to apply for PA because I don't want to take away from those that need it more than we do.

I have no doubt that my husband will find a job, he has been sending out his resume and filling out applications nonstop.  We are set on food for about a month and a half but we are now in a place where the basics for back to school are an issue.

We did buy some supplies so that helps. What isn't cool is that the two older ones both hit growth spurts so we need to figure out getting new shoes for the two of them for school.  I know this is a minor issue to most but I need to figure out how to afford new tennis shoes for my two kids.  They didn't ask to be put in this position so I will start listing on Ebay and Craigslist to figure out a way to not only get the shoes but some clothes for them as well.

I think I just needed to vent.

Ok, I am done feeling sorry for myself and my vent is over.  I am sure I will be bashed, just because this is CM.  LOL.  Right now I am feeling like a horrible mom because I can't get them a basic need so I am ready for the bashing.... My skin is pretty thick.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

best of luck. I can understand how frustrating and scary the unknown can be. It's hard. You are not a horrible mom. Bad things happen sometimes. Regardless of what Cm tries to say we can't control everything that happens & sometimes crap happens. Y'all are in my thoughts & prayers.

poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Try churchs
poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:02 PM
In your local area.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
How old are your kids? We were just talking about going through clothes and getting rid of what they don't wear! Maybe I can help one of kids out
IsleTillian
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:14 PM

try checking circle of hope groups, they help cafe mom members that are in need.. i am a member..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Im sure there are many places that would hire a person in a wheelchair as long as you could still do the work. A lot of places get tax incentives to hire those disabled. Every-time I go shopping at wegmans,There is a man cashier who is in a wheel chair,and while I dont know all of his disabilities. The store has adapted one of the registers just for him, , he even bags the groceries.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM
May I ask why you can't work? What has you confined to a wheel chair. Places of employment are not allowed to discriminate based on that. Have you applied for disability?
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM
You couldn't work a desk job?

Anyway, I hope things get better soon. I know what its like to be in this position and it blows.
bcoll
by Brandi on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Message me mama, let's see how I can help. Maybe order them pairs from walmart?

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Why isn't your dh getting workers retraining? Pa is for those who need assistance. It would seem that you would need assistance if you have run out of savings and are still struggling. Take use of it until one or both of you get a job and are able to make it on your own again. It is a hand up, not a hand out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN