Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Okay ... he's 21 and she's 19.

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 164 Replies

My Son's girlfriend is back here in Ohio.  She lives in Texas but goes to College here. They met last Spring about 2 months before her classes were over and she had to head back to Texas.  They have spent the Summer texting, Skyping (I met her on Skype and she seems sweet, confident, and very nice), and getting to know one another better. 

She and her Dad made the drive from Texas over the last few days and finally rolled in this afternoon.  Her Dad is spending the evening with her, helping her unpack, taking her to dinner and all that. 

Tomorrow morning my Son is to make the hour drive to where she goes to school to meet her Dad.  They'll all have lunch together, drive her Dad to the airport to head back to Texas, and then my Son has a hotel room booked so he and she can spend the night together.  He's not allowed to stay in her dorm.  

Sunday, he can go hang at her Dorm with her, meet her friends and help her finish unpacking, and then he'll head home tomorrow late afternoon. 

I was talking to my friend tonight and mentioned DH and I had the evening to ourselves tomorrow and we're trying to think of something fun to do.  She asked why we're on our own, so I told her about DS's plans and she freaked out.  She simply could not believe I was okay with my son staying the night in a hotel with his girlfriend.    There's no way I was going to tell her I let him put the room on my credit card because he doesn't have one.  lol  He gave me cash.  

Am I crazy, or is this not totally fine?  I have no problem with it.  She's on birth control but he also has condoms and we talk pretty openly about the need to use them even though she's on the pill because nothing is 100%.   

I honestly don't see the issue, but my friend is also one of those Moms who demands to know where her son is, what he's doing, and who he's with every second of every day ... and he's 20.  

Your thoughts?

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sdsstargazer
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM
11 moms liked this
They are both adults, you have taught him to be safe and smart it sounds like. He has a good head and will make good choices. I think you and dh should have a nice long day of not getting out of bed at all! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM
They are adults and sound like they have been taught about sex. No problem IMO.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM
They are both adults. I see no problems.
Girl-Friday
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM
lol I had my first dd at 19 and dh was 21. We had already been living together for 2 yrs before that. They are adults.
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:14 PM
They're adults, and they sound very responsible. I don't see a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
They both sound like responsible, young adults. Your friend has issues lol
Mish321
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM

She is crazy. They are adults. I'll be more concerned if he didn't have anyone at that age. 

beckyr
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Thanks everyone.  I felt fine with it and was very proud of him for wanting to go meet her Father and all that, but when my friend freaked I kind of started second guessing myself for a minute.  lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM

too long to read. sorry

poohbearkfc
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Sounds like a nice plan.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)