Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I work full time and DH...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
I work full time as a nurse and DH works part time and goes to school. He supported me for 10 years of our relationship. Its time for me to step up and let him pursue his career now.Do you think its fair? My mom seems to think he should still work full time AND go to school. I just dont think that would be fair. THANK YOU LADIES FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Your mom I assume has "traditional" views

Good for you for being such a good wife
hopeym23
by J3 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:14 PM

You are being a great wife!  Don't listen to your mom!  LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Thank you. Were still fairly young.. Im 27 and hes 28. So I think he still has time to find happiness and get a job he loves instead of hates everyday. He has dreams as well as I do. I wish I could get my mom to understand that.
Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Your mom I assume has "traditional" views

Good for you for being such a good wife
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I think it's great and I'm sure your husband really appreciates it. Who cares what anyone else thinks. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Thank you. Moms dont always know best :)
Quoting hopeym23:

You are being a great wife!  Don't listen to your mom!  LOL

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I would do the same for my man. We are a team and if one wants to pursue a dream, I will help! because i know he would do the same for me. Good for you! 

shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I think it's fair! I plan to do the same for DH

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM
That is what a good marriage is about, right? It doesn't really matter what your mom thinks. As long as you and your husband are happy with your arrangements everything is good :-)
plumbobtoggle
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I would've given anything for that switch after 10 years of marriage and being a SAHM, but my soon to be EX was throughly against me working at all. He even accused me of not loving our DD enough to want to stay home with her, even after she was in school. I admire that you and your husband are willing to support each other like this!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
When I brought up the idea to him, he was stunned. He at first didnt want to take me up on the offer, but I talked him into it and he is really happy about it now.
Quoting KaylinC03:

I think it's great and I'm sure your husband really appreciates it. Who cares what anyone else thinks. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)