Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do periods change as you age?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Yes, going anon because I'm embarrassed lol.

But basically, my period the past 4 months has been all over the damn place.  It came on time, stopped a few days then continues with a vengeance.  The next month I bled so little I couldn't even use a tampon and even that only lasted 4 days.  Last cycle it came so late I was worried as heck, like around 2 weeks late.  And now, it's about 18days too soon.

So, wtf?

I am 33, there hasn't been any undue pain or cramping, just regular bloating.  And this month even my usual cry-fest a few days before hand hasn't happened, so I am less hormonal than usual (mood wise anyhow).  My last pap exam was 2 yrs ago, so I am not due until next september.

Anyone else have this?  Doctor time?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Mine changed after my daughter. I'm 33 also and my periods are bitchier than ever. TMI but they are heavier and more crampy. It stinks.

slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Always go to the doctor if you're unsure. It's not uncommon for periods to change as you get older, but what is considered a normal change.
_ClearFruit_
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Mine def. Changed after I had children.
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Yes they do, not always for the good either.

fivegirls333
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM

mine have always stayed the same.  i am a "minute" older than you...smile.  i would call the ob/gyn.

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Mine changed. They went from super heavy and long to starting off with spotting to a med. flow with AF being a few days shorter. After having my son my periods are still kinda heavy but I don't cramp anymore (yay!). If you're really worried, you could always ask your doctor.

dlnimo
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I just has mine 2 Weeks ago and yesterday it came back! Today it's almost gone. I'm 40 so who knows what's going on but if it happens again to the Dr I go!
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Yup

Quoting DanaG70:

Yes they do, not always for the good either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I had my son nearly 8 yrs ago.  They've been fine since they resumed back then.  Regular, dependable and clockwork lol

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Mine changed after my daughter. I'm 33 also and my periods are bitchier than ever. TMI but they are heavier and more crampy. It stinks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)