Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cash Aid Question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
So my boyfriend got laid off in April and we have been paying our rent and bills from our savings, we didnt want to apply for cash aid because we were hoping he would get a job and we could live off our savings until he got a job , but we barely have any money left and we don't have money for next months rent , im 8 months pregnant and on bed rest so i can't work , so my question is if we get approved for cash aid how much money would we get ? We rent a room and our rent is $650 with utilities included .
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I don't know how much but I have heard it takes a while so you should get started on it. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Thanks , i already did ,i applied and have my appt on Monday .

Quoting poohbearkfc:

I don't know how much but I have heard it takes a while so you should get started on it. Good luck.

javakitty2011
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM

did your boyfriend apply for unemployment? If not he should. apply for aid but getting cash is extremely difficult anymore. No one here can tell you how much you would get, Only public aid would. btw, where do you live that you pay that much money to rent a ROOM? or was that a typo. You can rent an entire apartment or small house for that. Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Yes he did apply for unemployment and got denied , we live in San Jose ca , the rent is expensive here a 1bedroom apartment is a minimum of 1100 .thanks

Quoting javakitty2011:

did your boyfriend apply for unemployment? If not he should. apply for aid but getting cash is extremely difficult anymore. No one here can tell you how much you would get, Only public aid would. btw, where do you live that you pay that much money to rent a ROOM? or was that a typo. You can rent an entire apartment or small house for that. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN