Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A curious white woman

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a question mostly for black women (of course you have anything to add your answers are welcomed as well even if you aren't black) I live in a mostly white area and I don't have very many friends(only 2), none of which are black. I'm curious though, what are some stereotypes or generalizations that black women have of white women over all? I'm not saying these things are YOUR personal thoughts, just over all.  (To give an example of the flip side, it is a stereotype/generalization that black women are louder and more controlling.)

THIS IS NOT TO BE TAKEN PERSONALLY NOR IS IT MEANT PORTRAY ANYBODY'S PERSONAL THOUGHTS.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Nobody? I would post in AA mommies but I'm white lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM
good luck...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I really want to know. Anybody who takes it personally, when said within the context, is an idiot.

Quoting Anonymous:

good luck...

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, im gonna watch this...
Lissa14
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Ur a drama whore arent u ....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM

excuse me for having faith in you ladies. There are generalizations for just about anything. (White, black, asian, women, men, poor, northern,southern, etc.) I don't see why they can't be spoken about.

It is a generlization and stereotype that black women are louder (in an obnoxious way.) Yes, I just stated that but that doesn't mean I'm saying that *I* believe it, just that it's a common stereotype.

Quoting Lissa14:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM
11 moms liked this
I am black and I have no generalizations of white women. They are all different. Just like us black women we are all different. In sterotypes there is a ring of truth but not for everyone.
Lissa14
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Yep ur a drama.whore.

Quoting Anonymous:

excuse me for having faith in you ladies. There are generalizations for just about anything. (White, black, asian, women, men, poor, northern,southern, etc.) I don't see why they can't be spoken about.

It is a generlization and stereotype that black women are louder (in an obnoxious way.) Yes, I just stated that but that doesn't mean I'm saying that *I* believe it, just that it's a common stereotype.

Quoting Lissa14:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)