Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question ONLY for moms whose Ex left them for another woman

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 59 Replies
7 moms liked this
If you had the chance to tell the OW anything, what would you tell her?

I'd tell the woman my ex-husband left me for...

THANK YOU.
I wasn't strong enough to leave him on my own. . . Who knows how many more years I may have been with him if you hadn't come along.
Because he left me for you, I found a man who treats me as a man should treat a woman :) he opens doors for me, cleans off my vehicle in the winter, talks to me (not down to me), and truely loves me for me.
He treats my sons as his own, coaching soccer teams, being a leader for cub scouts, attending school meetings... things their "dad" never took an interest in.
And I went on to have a beautiful daughter who makes everyone around her smile.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping to close that chapter in my life (and my childrens) and in turn allowing me to find happiness and real love.
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I have a feeling a big part of why my xh left was for a girl he worked with.

If that's true, I'd tell her the same thing. I'm happily married to an amazing guy
victoriangavin
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I would tell her good luck and I feel sorry for you since he's already cheated on you and just to get him off his ass you had to sell his ps3 and game stuff
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Cute... idk since im not thete, but i do have jelousy issues
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:17 PM
3 moms liked this
I did have that chance. I told her while it's been hard, I do forgive her, and I forgive him. I'm not going to have a fighting, bickering relationship with her or him. All that matters to me is my son (his son). All I ask is she treat my son with the same respect she treats her own son. If she's going to be with him, I'm ok with that. Just let's let the past go, move on, and keep things civil for the sake of my son, now his step mom. 4 years later and we still have a great relationship. Herself, myself, and my ex all have a good communication when it comes to the well being of our kid. I don't hold grudges. It only makes my life miserable.
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Good for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Must be nice to be able to feel that way. Its been over 2 years and I'm still sitting here, heartbroken, wondering why he's gone..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:20 PM
My husbands ex left him for another guy. Not the same thing but I would tell her thank you too lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:21 PM
My ex cheated and I kicked his ass out. She tried to get him but he was begging me to forgive him. I realized just how strong I was in that moment. Cheating is just a symptom of bigger issues. My ex was not ready to be married, yet we already had 2 kids. I am much better parent alone than I was constantly fighting with him.
As for what I would tell her...

I deserved better and so did you honestly. Work on your self esteem and maybe you can find hapiness without hurting others.
ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:27 PM
I thank God every day for the married whore (who has since dumped him for someone else's husband) who caused me to kick him out. After twelve years of extreme emotional abuse I wasn't strong enough to have ever left for any other reason.

We struggle and are in counseling but our lives will get better without him.
gabenmikeysmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM
That's awesome that you can all work together for your son!

Quoting Anonymous:

I did have that chance. I told her while it's been hard, I do forgive her, and I forgive him. I'm not going to have a fighting, bickering relationship with her or him. All that matters to me is my son (his son). All I ask is she treat my son with the same respect she treats her own son. If she's going to be with him, I'm ok with that. Just let's let the past go, move on, and keep things civil for the sake of my son, now his step mom. 4 years later and we still have a great relationship. Herself, myself, and my ex all have a good communication when it comes to the well being of our kid. I don't hold grudges. It only makes my life miserable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)