Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SCHOOL MOVIE NIGHTS?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok so we are trying to get everything ready to submit for our first Family Movie Night at our school, so here is the question:

What would be some of the best movies out there to consider for our Movie Night?  Our school is pre-k through 5th grade.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Replies (111-114):
cupcake_mom
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Epic the croods rise of the guardians(awesome movie!)
BewitchedKisses
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM

We have no idea. The school Movie Nights are held outside in the garden next to the school. It's a small private school and it's in the middle of the downtown area. So someone must have been walking by and said something. 

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Out of curiosity, did someone call Disney and tell them the school was showing their movie? How'd they even find out?

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

I would like to point out that some of the people are saying DIsney movies. You can be fined and go to jail unless you pay Disney for a special license to show their movie to the public. 

My son's school does a Family Movie night every month. They've managed to stay away from the Disney Pixar stuff because after they showed Brave, the school got a letter from Disney, and Disney was not happy. 

Quelinda2411
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
That's pretty awesome!!! That is a good idea. What we do at our school is Morning At The Movies. We rent out a local theater. ...sell tickets for 10 per child and that includes a bagel, juice. But I like ur idea too!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope it will be in our gym. Our old school had them all the time and the kids LOVED it. Always made money too and cheap fun family thing. Cant beat $1 a person amd .75 cents for drink and a poocorn.

I need to get the movie in order so I can submit my paperwork for the copyright agreement, don't have that you can get into huge trouble!

Quoting Quelinda2411:

How are you doing it?? Going to your local movie theater???

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Oh wow, that's crazy!

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

We have no idea. The school Movie Nights are held outside in the garden next to the school. It's a small private school and it's in the middle of the downtown area. So someone must have been walking by and said something. 

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Out of curiosity, did someone call Disney and tell them the school was showing their movie? How'd they even find out?

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

I would like to point out that some of the people are saying DIsney movies. You can be fined and go to jail unless you pay Disney for a special license to show their movie to the public. 

My son's school does a Family Movie night every month. They've managed to stay away from the Disney Pixar stuff because after they showed Brave, the school got a letter from Disney, and Disney was not happy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN