Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cyber Babyshower!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Are you freaking kidding me?!?! Today I log onto Facebook and find a request for a cyber babyshower. This friend of ours moved half way across the country. Now they are inviting everyone to this thing. You basically say you will attend and send them gift cards, money, or presents. Have you ever been a part of something like this or even heard of such a thing? Would you participate in an event like this?

Just a little clarification. There will be no video chat or anything like that to share the moment. Just an invite to send gifts to them.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Replies (41-50):
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Yes and yes.

I am NOT Karl. But I might still eat your hands.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM

This.

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

I would love to go to a cyber baby shower. I hate the games and hate sitting through every single gift being opened.

tarakay0417
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM
That is awesome! I am sure it helped a ton too.

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Forgot to add that my mom did everything by mail, not on the internet.

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

When I was pregnant with my DD, my mom did a gift card shower for me.  I was in FL, and all my family was in TN.  My mom made invitations with my pregnant pic on them, and sent them to family and friends.  It explained that I was pregnant, living in FL, and she was coming to visit me and wanted to surprise me with a shower.  But, since she would be bringing everything to us, it would be easier if every got a gift card for us.  She had them mail the cards to me, in care of her and her address.  And, it also stated if anyone wanted to buy a gift instead, that was fine.  A month later, when she came to visit, she surprised me.  She took pics of each card I opened, with the gift card inside, and for my thank you cards, I included a picture of me with that person's card and gift card in it.  There were a few people that sent gifts, but overall, I ended up with $600 in gift cards to various stores.  

MissAlly89
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM

That's not really a shower then. Sounds like they're just asking for money and stuff.

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Yes and yes. This is her way of having a shower without having each of you fly across the planet to have it where she is. ;)

Kristanna
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, for people who have moved far away from friends and family, like military, it's a great idea!

2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM

It really did, and we were so surprised!  Afterwards, we got to go shopping for baby things!  We loved the idea!

Quoting tarakay0417:

That is awesome! I am sure it helped a ton too.

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Forgot to add that my mom did everything by mail, not on the internet.

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

When I was pregnant with my DD, my mom did a gift card shower for me.  I was in FL, and all my family was in TN.  My mom made invitations with my pregnant pic on them, and sent them to family and friends.  It explained that I was pregnant, living in FL, and she was coming to visit me and wanted to surprise me with a shower.  But, since she would be bringing everything to us, it would be easier if every got a gift card for us.  She had them mail the cards to me, in care of her and her address.  And, it also stated if anyone wanted to buy a gift instead, that was fine.  A month later, when she came to visit, she surprised me.  She took pics of each card I opened, with the gift card inside, and for my thank you cards, I included a picture of me with that person's card and gift card in it.  There were a few people that sent gifts, but overall, I ended up with $600 in gift cards to various stores.  

Grnyann65
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Yes! I know a girl who lives in Japan, because that's where her husband is stationed. She had no family, or friends there....we are all here. I guess, these days it's the next best thing to being there.
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM

my friends mom threw her daughter a bridal shower that way, it included a combined cook book (everyone gave a recipe and a memory and the mom put everything together ) plus most sent an actual gift if you couldn't attend the actual shower (which was perfect for me, being it cost a lot to travell and i needed the money to fix my car) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Jealous much ???
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)