Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That's too many da** kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

If you were one of many children (more than 3 or 4 according to CM), did you feel like your parents didn't spend enough time with you, like you weren't special?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM

bump

GwenMB
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm the oldest of 8 - and no, I don't feel like my parents neglected me by giving me 7 younger siblings.  My parents weren't perfect parents by a long stretch but I did always feel special (until my teenage angst took over lol).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:47 PM
No I was the oldest of 4 on my moms side and I felt special because I got away with everything. Being the only girl has/had its advantages.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I was the 3rd of 6.I was happy to be an invisible kid. 1st was moms from previous, 2nd dads 1st child, me, 4th only boy 5&6 twins.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I was oldest of 10 and an identical twin. I moved out asap once I graduated high school. I was the live in babysitter and never allowed to have normal teenage years
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I was oldest of 10 and an identical twin. I moved out asap once I graduated high school. I was the live in babysitter and never allowed to have normal teenage years

I was also the live in sitter. I was the oldest of just 3, but for a long time I did the majority of the child rearing in my family.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm one of 5 and loved pretty much everything about it!  I have nothing but really fond childhood memories.  I certainly didn't feel neglected and had a really great, old-fashioned childhood.  My four brothers and I are still extremely close.

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I was one of 7. I loved having a big family. I don't think I felt less special than others, it was just how life was. My mom wasn't the greatest but I feel she would have been a piss poor parent even if she had only 1 or 2 kids.

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm one of 7
21-ME

I'm the middle child. I was never left out I was my parents favorite but my siblings envied me.
Even to this day we don't talk much.
It's hurts and it sucks.
I've always been the one to reach out. We don't have the type of relationship I wish we had but we tolerate each other now.
My little bro (19) and I were super close but idk what happened.
redheadstar
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I am the second youngest of 7, and no I did not feel neglected but very loved :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)