Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I love that its carbonated. If I have an upset tummy the bubbles always settle it. I drink water and juice (can't drink milk) but I dont think I could ever give up soda completely.
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Replies (91-94):
IndigoRose
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I like ginger ale best.  I also like root beer.

FireMoonGypsy
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I used to be addicted to soda, too. It took a while, but I eventually weened myself off. I'm sure there are some great carbonated water recipes out there so you can get your fix but you aren't doing as much damage with the soda. 

Not trying to get on you, I know some people have given you shit, but it does do some serious damage. 

A friend of mine was crazy about Mountain Dew. Her dentist gave her a human tooth in a vile and told her to put some MT. D in it. Within a week, the entire tooth was worn away to nothing. A lot of studies are coming out stating pop, especially dark pop, is just as bad for your teeth as rubbing cocaine on them. 

I know the stuff is hard to kick, but it's doable if you want to try ! Good luck :) 

And yeah, aspartame in diet is really dangerous, actually. It's an ingredient that sort of slipped in the backdoor of approval through the FDA, and it shouldn't have been approved. 

I have used the crystal light stuff but after doing research on that, I've stopped a lot of it. 

Carb. water and fresh squeezed lime is refreshing! 

Quoting Devious333:

The taste isn't close to the same though. The only one I found to be close to the real thing is root beer. They have a weird aftertaste kind of like diet, not as bad because I won't drink diet. That stuff is nasty lol.

Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

Geta a soda stream. 

They are starting to put stevia in their products so it's not nearly as bad as a regular coke. 

I have one, but I actually just use the carbonated water and add stuff like crystal light to it. I love carbonation too. 

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

saralizjr
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:29 PM

lol...gotta love it !

Kaseykahneno1
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Yeah. They have big k soda. There cherry cola tastes exactly the same as cherry Pepsi for half the price.

Quoting sheilao409:

no is that a grocery store ? we only have pick and save and piggly wiggly

Quoting Kaseykahneno1:

Do you live by a Kroger?

Quoting sheilao409:

ditto cherry pepsi :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN