Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is why vaccinating your kids is important! *pic*

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM
  • 142 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I honestly believe every parent has the right to choose to vaccinate or not, but this was just sent out for the school I go to....I'd hate to think what would happen if there was a baby that hadn't been vaccinated or a pregnant woman....
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I can't read it. Too small.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Sorry can't read it. It is too small.

It must be vax or not vax night on CM.  

TrouserMouse
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:12 PM
16 moms liked this
Measles is a normal illness. Illness is normal.
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids who are vaccinated can both contract and transmit these illnesses.

My daughter was fully vaccinated for whopping cough and still caught it, and badly. She could have easily infected newborns and pregnant women during that time. 

Shit happens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh, this will be dismissed by anti-vax people. .. but that's ok. .. it's their choice whether or not they want to vaccinate.  They justify NOT vaxing because the vaccine can still spread the disease, or the disease is gone in the us, or you'll be OK if you get said disease, or that vaxed kids get these diseases, anyway. 

Personally I think that nothing is fool-proof and getting the vaccine offers at least partial protection.  It;s on them if they want to put their child through a painful/miserable disease to potentially spread said diseases to others. . . It's no skin off my nose;  my kids are protected. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:32 PM

OH NO! Not the measles!

autodidact
by Snarknado on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:42 PM
3 moms liked this

As it should be. that warning doesn't indicate whether the infected individual was vaccinated or not. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, this will be dismissed by anti-vax people. .. but that's ok. .. it's their choice whether or not they want to vaccinate.  They justify NOT vaxing because the vaccine can still spread the disease, or the disease is gone in the us, or you'll be OK if you get said disease, or that vaxed kids get these diseases, anyway. 

Personally I think that nothing is fool-proof and getting the vaccine offers at least partial protection.  It;s on them if they want to put their child through a painful/miserable disease to potentially spread said diseases to others. . . It's no skin off my nose;  my kids are protected. 

ceckyl
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
1. This doesn't even say if the individual was vaccinated or not.

2. The measles is not a big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this
And it's no skin off my nose that your kids a full of heavy metals, carcinogens, aborted fetal tissue, and have serious increase risk of developing a preventable condition because of this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Measles is a normal illness. Illness is normal.

This.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)