Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is why vaccinating your kids is important! *pic*

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I honestly believe every parent has the right to choose to vaccinate or not, but this was just sent out for the school I go to....I'd hate to think what would happen if there was a baby that hadn't been vaccinated or a pregnant woman....
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Replies (141-142):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:06 PM

yes, the vaccine strain, and the wild strain...and german measles

Quoting Anonymous:

There are different kinds of measles, one form can be very serious even deadly.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I have seen these cases in North America, Africa, South-east Asia, and the Middle East.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you see these cases in North America?

Quoting Val99:

Let's say your child had tetanus, since that is one where I have witnessed many deaths.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It depends on what it was, the cost (as in amount of suffering) it would take to save them, and their potential quality of life once saved. Sometimes dying is better than living.

Quoting Val99:

If your children were dying of an illness, would you try to save them or say "death is normal"?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It is all normal. Death is normal as well. Being sad doesn't make it les normal. The fact is, it isn't necessary to try and eradicate all forms of illness. The more we fight nature, the more it fights back. While it is nice to be able to prevent and treat devastating illnesses, we are attempting to prevent illness that the majority can easily recover from. I do vaccinate my children, but I am also reasonable. A few isolated incidents of illness such as measles is no reason for mass hysteria.

People get sick and die. It is the way it is supposed to be. I feel we often go way too far in our preservation of life.

Quoting Val99:

So by theory, german measles (and pitential sterilization) is normal.  So is tetanus, diptheria, smallpox, and yellow fever.

I have chosen to have many vaccines myself, and for my children.  I have watched those who have not been vaccinated die from preventable illness and that is a life changing event.  To care for a baby dying of tetanus is heartbreaking.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Measles is a normal illness. Illness is normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)