Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why people need internet including people on PA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am not on pa but if i was i would still need internet and would pay for it if i had too.

My dd is in the 8th grade. a couple of her teacher do not hand out text book. they told all the students to look at the books online, when they do their homework. so yea sometimes you need internet.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Don't schools have study halls anymore where they go to library and do their homework?(In school time)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Centurylink offers the same,that's who I am getting internet threw. Which yes I need it to look for a job as required to get off of pa.

Quoting Anonymous:

anyone who's child gets free or reduced lunch could possibly qualify for deeply discounted internet and a 150 dollar lap top throught comcast.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM

So you're ok with kids having a fundemental disadvantage in school? 

Quoting Anonymous:

You NEED food, clothing, shelter, water, that's it!

leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM

btw, in my county you can only apply for PA online, they do not just give applications anymore

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM

as far as i know they don't offer the use of signing out laptops.

Quoting SageAdvice:

If any teacher tells any student they have to do /access any school work online - the school is required to make sure that child has access and time to complete the assignment within school hours and or provide the means for it to be done outside school hours.  People should really learn the laws and what schools can do and have to provide. Most schools who require this kind of work will offer laptops w/ internet that can be signed out.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

You go to the public library and you print out the pages.  We did that all the time.  You can also use the school library, or a local university library.  There are also many bookstores with internet.  There are a plethora of options for resourceful moms.

Quoting Anonymous:

well you see my dd don't have the advantage of staying after school or going to the libary or a friend house and being that some of her book are online, how is she suppose do homework, study without text books?

Quoting Val99:

Funny, I made it through a PHD, my daughter made it through an MD, and my son made it through a DVM without home internet.  Libraries are great resources.  I'm sorry you feel like your 8th grader couldn't do what we did through advanced degrees.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not on pa but if i was i would still need internet and would pay for it if i had too.

My dd is in the 8th grade. a couple of her teacher do not hand out text book. they told all the students to look at the books online, when they do their homework. so yea sometimes you need internet.

Bookoholic
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
When I was in school which was 7 years ago only special needs kids got study hall.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't schools have study halls anymore where they go to library and do their homework?(In school time)

Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Everything is paperless. You pay your bills online, you fill out apps online too. My kids have internet projects they have to do. People have online schooling. Lots of work from home jobs too. Everything is electronic in this world today.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM

IF it is required for school in order for your child to learn then it is a need.

Quoting Anonymous:

Need...so funny....need....How is life supported by the internet???? Food, i get it, Shelter, ok...but internet?

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Survival of the fittest, life isn't always fair!

Quoting autodidact:

So you're ok with kids having a fundemental disadvantage in school? 

Quoting Anonymous:

You NEED food, clothing, shelter, water, that's it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN