Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why people need internet including people on PA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am not on pa but if i was i would still need internet and would pay for it if i had too.

My dd is in the 8th grade. a couple of her teacher do not hand out text book. they told all the students to look at the books online, when they do their homework. so yea sometimes you need internet.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM
You could do without internet even if the books are online only by using access at places like McDonald's and the library. However you would have to spend gas and time going there so and you only get limited amounts of time at most libraries. Most restaurants with internet you have to purchase items and have limited time so not really free either place.

I would probably make a deal with neighbor and use theirs lol.
bzzybeemomof3
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Not always the case.

Here the school closes at the end of the day when schol is out. Its just how it is. And the local library closes at 4:30pm, when you get home from school at 3:30pm and have to take 2 buses and travel to the library for an hour, its just not possible. lol

Just saying, not all those options are available to everyone. lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

There are libraries and places you can go for free internet access, including the schools. Have your child stay afterschool and use the computers there if you must.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Quoting Val99:

You go to the public library and you print out the pages.  We did that all the time.  You can also use the school library, or a local university library.  There are also many bookstores with internet.  There are a plethora of options for resourceful moms.

Quoting Anonymous:

well you see my dd don't have the advantage of staying after school or going to the libary or a friend house and being that some of her book are online, how is she suppose do homework, study without text books?

Quoting Val99:

Funny, I made it through a PHD, my daughter made it through an MD, and my son made it through a DVM without home internet.  Libraries are great resources.  I'm sorry you feel like your 8th grader couldn't do what we did through advanced degrees.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not on pa but if i was i would still need internet and would pay for it if i had too.

My dd is in the 8th grade. a couple of her teacher do not hand out text book. they told all the students to look at the books online, when they do their homework. so yea sometimes you need internet.

You have to pay to print the pages and even at 25 cent a page, that can run up into some money. You are talking about people who cannot afford school lunch spending this money. No, internet is cheaper.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM

my dd has never had study hall. i asked her about it. she is in 8th grade and has never had it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't schools have study halls anymore where they go to library and do their homework?(In school time)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Yea, I work for them, we offer it in every place we have internet.

If you are a current customer however, you do not qualify, you would have to cancel and be without for 90 days to qualify.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have Comcast for our Internet and they DO NOT OFFER IT IN OUR ARERA. I HAVE ASKED.

Quoting Anonymous:

if they have comcast in your area, they do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Only in select area's. My DH lost his job and we looked into it and they do not offer it in our area.

Quoting Anonymous:

anyone who's child gets free or reduced lunch could possibly qualify for deeply discounted internet and a 150 dollar lap top throught comcast.

fiatpax
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Internet needed more than cable 

cable is my beef

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I am sure exceptions could be made.
We are on the upside of our financial issues now but still being frugal.
We have no Internet. No cell phones on. I connect to wifi on weekends with my cell phone at my aunts house.
I miss Internet at home but it's a want, not a need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Poor no car...rural area...no money for extra gas...

Quoting Anonymous:

There are libraries and places you can go for free internet access, including the schools. Have your child stay afterschool and use the computers there if you must.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM

yep many do not realize we are in a technical world now.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Our local libraries are only open the hours I work. So if I needed to go there for internet it would only be possible on the weekend, and some assignments are that night.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN