Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE don't let your kid do this in public!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM
  • 113 Replies
So while at work today a mother with her young daughter walked in. We of course had music on in the store and the little girl (about 5-6 yr old) starts dancing. First this baby had on a shirt that just barely covered her stomach and didnt cover it when she raised her hands. Second she was seriously "dirty dancing", she pretty much looked like she was trying to have sex. I was seriously disturbed by just that but, not my child so I kept working. Someone comes in and I look up to welcome them, then do a sweep of the store. The girl was still dancing but then I noticed a guy across the way looking at her like she was a grown woman's and licking his lips. He kept a his hands moving like he was looking through the rack, but never took his eyes off this little girl, and he was slowly making his way toward her. I ran to the register and immediately turned off the music, then went and stood between the guy and girl so he couldn't see her. I was shaking and it was taking everything in me to not run and attack that man before he could leave, but I just stood there and glared at him. I pulled my walkie out and said loud enough for him to hear that we might need security. He turned around and ran out if the store. My manager came over to see what was wrong but I just told her that I would tell her later and ran to the bathroom. I seriously threw up for what seemed like forever. My manager came to find me and I relayed what had happened and ended up dry heaving for another 5 minutes afterwards. I got sent home and 4 hours later I'm still sick to my stomach.
I know ladies on here will think it was my business, or I over reacted, or that kids barely dressed and dancing like strippers is cute and innocent, but I have no doubt about what that man was thinking, and i hope that ppl start realizing that there are predators everywhere! The mom NEVER paid attention to her daughter other then just a glimpse here and there and the girl could have easily been taken. Please please please, watch your kids while out! I don't even want to think about what would have happened had he not been scared away!

EDIT* I was surprised by my own reaction, but I was molested as a kid for years and the thought of that child going through that, combined with the look in his eyes just made me literally sick.
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Bump
TexTornado
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Ok.  You seem a little weak minded.  Are you a mom yourself? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
5 moms liked this

You sound ridiculous. and this sounds fake.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM
U seriously overreacted
brittney28
by Brittney on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
How creepy, I would have been sick to!
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Weak minded? How so? A mother of 3

Quoting TexTornado:

Ok.  You seem a little weak minded.  Are you a mom yourself? 

peachesforme
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

and the clothing they sell for girls helps predators, I couldnt find any appropriate clothes for my girls in our mall. 

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM

WTF!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM
5 moms liked this
That's terrifying. I don't understand why people teach their kids to dance like that. I don't understand the tons of videos of little girls twerking that their parents post on YouTube. It's NOT CUTE, its sick!
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh and don't even get me started on Halloween costumes.

Quoting peachesforme:

and the clothing they sell for girls helps predators, I couldnt find any appropriate clothes for my girls in our mall. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured