Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No clothes on at the park?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  • 38 Replies

Okay. I'm going to be judgmental right now. I know it isn't any of my business but I'm going to say it anyway. 

DH and I took the kids to the park today in the next town over, it is a nice park and we enjoy going. While there I was joking with DH about being surrounded by "white trash", I mean they were really, really trashy looking and acting. Their kids were dirty and their clothes didn't fit properly. Which isn't normal for that park but I was happy to see the kids smiling and having fun but their kids kept trying to play with my kids which usually isn't a big deal but they were being crude and DD wanted them to just leave her alone. She kept complaining about them to me, I told her ignore them and play elsewhere. She decided to swing, which is her favorite thing to do. Problem solved. 

Then while sitting on the bench in the shade a little baby waddled up to me, couldn't have been much older than one and he was wearing nothing but a diaper, he was also filthy and it wasn't normal park dirt either. He was walking around barefoot in the bark, I was afraid he was going to have splinters. He had the most beautiful blue eyes, blonde hair and a sweet smile. His mother came up and apologized for him bothering us, she looked really, really young (16-18) and was probably 6-7 months pregnant. She was nice and we chatted for a few minutes but the whole time I just felt sorry for her. 

I was happy when the kids were ready to go home. I've never had that experience at this park before. I'm hoping it doesn't become the norm. 

That is my judgment. I spent several hours surrounded by white trash today at the park and it made me uncomfortable. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM
That sucks? Not sure what else I'm supposed to say?
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe baby gets hot easy?
My son is rarely in clothes. He gets so sweaty!
It's summer, I am assuming its warm. It's not like he was in a diaper in 20 degree weather!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Ok
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this

One time we went to the park & there was a guy sleeping on a bench with no pants on.  

"The Ocean tells a thousand stories, none of them are lies" -Switchfoot

uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
How would you feel if someone posted on the internet talking shit about you and your kids?
Gross.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

One time we went to the park & there was a guy sleeping on a bench with no pants on.  

WOW! 

I was walking with a friend in Seattle once and she was attacked by a homeless man that kept hitting her with his bag and screaming that the devil lived inside of her. It was scary while it was happening but we laughed until we cried later that night. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Where I can understand its sometimes hard to keep clothes on a kid, my dd would strip anywhere, it slowly got to she only striped in houses, didn't matter whose, now she only strips at home, within 5 minutes of walking IMO the house she'll be down to her diaper. In public the o ly time I allowed it was at the splash park she wanted her shirt off like big brother. Any other time I she refused to leave her clothes on we left. If it was a family members house and she stripped we'd give her a few minutes and get her to put it back on. She just turned 2 in June btw.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Quoting MIA0223:

Maybe baby gets hot easy?
My son is rarely in clothes. He gets so sweaty!
It's summer, I am assuming its warm. It's not like he was in a diaper in 20 degree weather!

You'd let him walk around barefoot and in nothing but a diaper at the park? 

My kids rarely wore anything but a diaper at home but when we went out they were dressed. 

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Wow, I would have judged them too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN