Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms of teens: Do you just believe them or check up on them?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 13 Replies
My 15 year old daughter has been less than honest at times and I find myself wanting to check up on her to make sure she isn't trying to put one over on me. Several of her friends have out and out lied to me. What does everyone think?
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maisy08
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Oh I trust but always track my 16 year old!!!! Sorry that's just how it goes, I love her and want to keep her alive and well.

anotherhalf
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I lied about everything as a teen. My mom believed me because I got excellent grades and appeared to be a very good respectful child. I will always check up on them for thier own protection.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Trust but verify huh?
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM

It is our job as parents to make sure our children are safe.  So we always make sure we know where they really are and what they are really doing.  It isn't a matter of broken trust....it is a matter of being a parent (at least that has ALWAYS been our view when dealing with our children....teens or younger).

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Oh I didn't add that I adopted my daughter as an older child and we had a very rough time for awhile.
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Spy on those little fuckers. They're all actively trying to get themselves murdered by bikers or hit by cars.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I like that.

Quoting TableforSeven:

It is our job as parents to make sure our children are safe.  So we always make sure we know where they really are and what they are really doing.  It isn't a matter of broken trust....it is a matter of being a parent (at least that has ALWAYS been our view when dealing with our children....teens or younger).

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. I hope not.

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Spy on those little fuckers. They're all actively trying to get themselves murdered by bikers or hit by cars.

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I trust my ds13.  Ds10 has lied to me in the past so I've told him if I check up on you it's because you've brought it upon yourself.  So...it depends on how the child has behaved in the past as to what I will do.

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Gee all these years I thought they were trying to score booze, pot, and a good time at lover's lane...

Quoting bleumonster:

Lol. I hope not.

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN