Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stupid question time

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM
  • 56 Replies

I think I have a uti with blood in urine.  This warrants a visit with the dr. right?

So I went to urgent care and I will have 5 fun filled days of antibiotics.  The list of possible side effects is interesting to say the least.

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my123sons
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Yes

catrig
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I'll go, but I don't have to like it.

Quoting my123sons:

Yes

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I hear azo helps with pain. Look into it and you can hit an all night Walmart if there's one near you til the doctor is open. I'd go to the ER though because uti is horrible. Also drink lots of water. My last nurse said the pain is worse when the bladder is empty because of spasms. Turns out she had a good point.
my123sons
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Nope, but you'll feel better.

Quoting catrig:

Quoting my123sons:

Yes

catrig
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:12 AM

It does.  I picked some up today before work.  It also turns your pee a fantastic orange color.  I also have been drinking epic amounts of water.  I really do appreciate the advice.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hear azo helps with pain. Look into it and you can hit an all night Walmart if there's one near you til the doctor is open. I'd go to the ER though because uti is horrible. Also drink lots of water. My last nurse said the pain is worse when the bladder is empty because of spasms. Turns out she had a good point.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I know.

Quoting my123sons:

Nope, but you'll feel better.

Quoting catrig:

Quoting my123sons:

Yes

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM
If it's not too bad you could try cream of tartar... it's helped me in the past and fixed it, I also use Azo for discomfort control and start taking a cranberry supplement. If it's past discomfort and is causing pain, definitly see a doc. UTIs can escalate quickly and cause bigger health problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Well now that I've felt needed I can sleep well tonight. May your urinary tract heal quickly and with little discomfort.

Quoting catrig:

It does.  I picked some up today before work.  It also turns your pee a fantastic orange color.  I also have been drinking epic amounts of water.  I really do appreciate the advice.

Quoting Anonymous:

catrig
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM

The blood is what is concerning me.

Quoting Anonymous:

If it's not too bad you could try cream of tartar... it's helped me in the past and fixed it, I also use Azo for discomfort control and start taking a cranberry supplement. If it's past discomfort and is causing pain, definitly see a doc. UTIs can escalate quickly and cause bigger health problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)