Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Had enough of our nosy neighbor!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So my family moved into our house a year ago and right away we noticed the old guy who lives right next to us is always watching what everyone in the neighborhood is doing. He calls the housing authority nonstop about the stupidest stuff. He has been here for 15 years so they listen to whatever he tells them.  We were forced to get rid of our dog because he kept complaining about him barking when every single dog (including his) on this street barks daily. But he still sits on his porch daily and looks over the fence and watches everything we do on our property. The last few weeks I have seen him standing so he can actually look INTO our house when our curtains are open. I have had enough of it! I feel like can't even open my curtians because then he will stand there looking into my windows and watching my son play. Does anyone have any ideas to get him to stop?

So I talked to my hubby and told him how I caught the guy just standing there watching our son play with a toy today through the open curtain. We have decided to buy some privacy film and apply it to the three large windows on that side of the house and then call the local sheriff and the housing authority and make a complaint.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:59 AM

The city didn't make us get rid of the dog our landlord did because he was scared of being fined. I can't raise the fence since it is his and is on his property but I like your other ideas!

Quoting flaquitabss:

What state do you live in?  In California there is a long process before the city makes you get rid of your dog even when he is being a real nuisance.   And I have a few ideas about making your awful neighbor stop the behavior.

1-Raise the fence.

2- Tint your windows (specially the ones that go to his side)

3- If the windows were he peeks in  are hit by the sun, go to the dollar store and buy little mirrors and paste them to the walls around your window so they reflect the sun and blind him.

4-buy private courtains, the ones that let light trough but wont let people see in.

5- Mimic his behavior.  For a week, do exactly what he does, and call the housing and report him for every single tinny thing he does wrong.  

6- Sit on your yard and quietly be ready to snap pictures of him when he is "peeking in"  and make a report to the police that he is stalking you.  Maybe you can even put a restriction order against him.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I'd moon him.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Love #3!

Quoting flaquitabss:

What state do you live in?  In California there is a long process before the city makes you get rid of your dog even when he is being a real nuisance.   And I have a few ideas about making your awful neighbor stop the behavior.

1-Raise the fence.

2- Tint your windows (specially the ones that go to his side)

3- If the windows were he peeks in  are hit by the sun, go to the dollar store and buy little mirrors and paste them to the walls around your window so they reflect the sun and blind him.

4-buy private courtains, the ones that let light trough but wont let people see in.

5- Mimic his behavior.  For a week, do exactly what he does, and call the housing and report him for every single tinny thing he does wrong.  

6- Sit on your yard and quietly be ready to snap pictures of him when he is "peeking in"  and make a report to the police that he is stalking you.  Maybe you can even put a restriction order against him.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Sounds like an retiree with too much time on his hands. What an ass!! Have you complained about his dog or called the police on his ass for peeping in your windows?

Quoting Anonymous:

The housing authority kept threatening to fine my landlord and so the landlord made us get rid of the dog. Like I said the old guy has been here for years so the housing authority listens to whatever he says. Our dog was inside at night.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Unless the dog barks at ungodly hours in the middle of the night, I don't see how they can make you give up the dog. As far as he is concerned, I'd file one complaint after the other against him for everything I can find. And the next time he's looking in my windows, I'd flick him off.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM

By Housing Authority do you mean Section 8 Housing??

Quoting Anonymous:

The housing authority kept threatening to fine my landlord and so the landlord made us get rid of the dog. Like I said the old guy has been here for years so the housing authority listens to whatever he says. Our dog was inside at night.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Unless the dog barks at ungodly hours in the middle of the night, I don't see how they can make you give up the dog. As far as he is concerned, I'd file one complaint after the other against him for everything I can find. And the next time he's looking in my windows, I'd flick him off.

smurfbitebug
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I would stuff garbage bags to look like they contained human bodies, and then bring them out to the trunk of my car every now and then when I knew he was looking. I would make a big show of it. Maybe have some Halloween "blood" smeared on the bottom of the bags so when I dragged it (because it's just so HEAVY.. haha) the blood would trail on the cement. Then I would hurriedly hose it down and wash it off the cement...
I would keep it up until he either stopped or it blew up into something fantastic.

Why don't more people fuck with me? I have such fantastic plans.. and never get to use them.
allornone
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

They sell a film at Home Depot and lowes so he can't see in your windows.

i would wave. I would go out and ask him what he is looking at. If I had the inner strength I might even stand my ugly fat butt naked in the window. 

Go out and watch him with a lounge chair and a notebook and pretend your interested in whatever he is doing? Take pictures of him moving around his house? Or just go ask him what his problem is.

Sorry he is a pain. I hope it all works out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Yup I have a neighbor like that too. We share the same landlord, as does many people on our block. He's constantly calling the landlord if anyone's grass gets even half an inch too high, a random cat poops in his yard, etc. Retired people are really bored and bitter sometimes, I tell ya

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM

No its an ownership association. We live in the area regulated by them and we have to pay fees every year and obey their rules. They can fine people for not complying.

Quoting Sassy762:

By Housing Authority do you mean Section 8 Housing??

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Would we still be able to see out and allow light in?

Quoting allornone:

They sell a film at Home Depot and lowes so he can't see in your windows.

i would wave. I would go out and ask him what he is looking at. If I had the inner strength I might even stand my ugly fat butt naked in the window. 

Go out and watch him with a lounge chair and a notebook and pretend your interested in whatever he is doing? Take pictures of him moving around his house? Or just go ask him what his problem is.

Sorry he is a pain. I hope it all works out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN