Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who's awake to chat

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:04 AM
  • 43 Replies
It's 4:02am and I'm in my hospital room in pain. The kind that makes you move your hips, your legs and make these squeaky noises. I have a kidney infection i would gladly take a csection over thus ANY day. The pain meds are no longer working.

Who's up and wants to help me keep my mind off the pain?
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamafama
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:07 AM
2 moms liked this

When I watch a movie with subtitles. Source: 			 			You need to login to view this link.

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:08 AM
They can't give you pain meds? :(
bamafama
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Overreacted or not?. .

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:09 AM

Sorry you're in the hospital and in pain. Get better soon. As for the being awake, think that is relative ;) It's 2:08am here and oh  boy am I tired.

newmom121812
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:10 AM
Im up but im not gonna stay up. Goodluck i hope you feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaygarcia97
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:10 AM
They've given me a very small dose of morphine every four hours but let me tell you it has stopped helping the pain. My nurse is going to speak to my urologist about getting better meds.

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:11 AM
Good luck. Something should be able to be done :-/ hope you feel better soon!

Quoting kaygarcia97:

They've given me a very small dose of morphine every four hours but let me tell you it has stopped helping the pain. My nurse is going to speak to my urologist about getting better meds.

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

kaygarcia97
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:12 AM
I was poked and prodded at midnight then "fell asleep" basically drifted off for five min and then woke up for five. Finally really fell asleep at 2:15 and woke up at 3:05. Got pain meds at 3:45 but no luck didn't help. Still waiting on relief

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry you're in the hospital and in pain. Get better soon. As for the being awake, think that is relative ;) It's 2:08am here and oh  boy am I tired.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:13 AM

See if they can give you a patient controlled administration (PCA) pump. I have been in the hospital more times than I can count and I like the PCA because I did not have to wait on a nurse and it would not let me take more than I was supposed to take.

Do you mind if I ask what condition you have that leads to these infections? I saw you post last night, but I did not see the disease listed.

bamafama
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:13 AM

sorry you are in so much pain.. I thought i would send you a laugh to help you through it :) 

Quoting bamafama:

Overreacted or not?. .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)