Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so glad I'm not pregnant or with young child this day and age

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I can't and/or have no desire to keep up with all this new shit to argue about. No one argued about breast feeding, spanking, vaccinated etc when I had kids. And we didnt have all this extra gear i never could have afforded! Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:44 AM

AGREE!!!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I never argue it. I am going to do it the way that I know is safe for my kids and its no ones business other then my husbands and mine. 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I do have youngh children.
I had to have all the "gear" with my first. Lol. Saw it was all a waste and. Just got the basics with my youngest!

And as far as bf and those debates go. I am secure enough in my choices. The debate doesn't sway me or impact me in any way.
I do like to educate on bf though. It's a calling I guess you could say that I am still trying to figure out how to follow. I want to be a lactation consultant because I saw first hand how support can make all the difference, and if I can be that support for someone it would be worth it IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:50 AM

as for the gear its a choice for new moms to have it all.  In my 20's i needed it all.  when i was expecting i had a list of 5 things and they had to be portable, this was just this year.  people even lauhged at me for wanting to pay under 200 for all but the strolelr and car seat.

as for the rest, it was there just wasnt do forward.  when i was a baby mothers were told nursing was bad and forced the bottle onto new moms as the better way to feed.  with autism as a suspected issue coming from vaccinations it became a hge topic to or not vaccinate and spanking your darn right there are times kids deserve a spank

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I am glad my kids are being born this day and age. There's more information out there on health benefits, what's safest and I love the things that are widely available now that likely weren't when I was a baby/child. The only place I ever hear anyone arguing about anything related to raising kids is online.
jjames1990
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I bought all the gear with my first, 25 years ago and didnt use half of it.

I get on here and read and think two things, one, thankfully my kids are grown, and according to this site, wow, its a miracle. Two, some of these women have no idea what they have ahead of them, when the kids get older. It all makes me laugh.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I never argue it. I am going to do it the way that I know is safe for my kids and its no ones business other then my husbands and mine. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Bump
JBiiirdD
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I bought some of the gear that I knew I'd actually use. Making friends with BTDT moms helped me out a ton. I also didn't deck the nursery out in baby junk.
Mrs.Brugger
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM

yeah i pretty much do what i want and am comfortable with whether other people like it or not. it's up to my husband and i to raise our kids, and it's nobodys business but ours. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN