Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What a fabulous first impression

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 7 Replies
Yesterday I took my kids out to get donuts for my son's birthday. When we got out of the car I told the girls that the last one out on their side was to shut the door. They jumped up and raced each other to be the first out, running all they way to the building, neither of them shutting the door.

I have a minivan and could have very well closed the door with my keys myself, but at that moment, lacking caffeine, I was standing on principle; one of them was going to close that damn door.

I yelled at them to get back and close the door, I sounded slightly crazy, I'm sure. Definitely made a bigger deal of the situation than what it was, not my proudest moment.

As I'm finally getting them in the house, I noticed my new neighbor had witnessed the whole silly ordeal. I couldn't tell if that was amusement or judgement on his face, I said hi and hightailed it inside.

Fantastic. Looks like I'm the neighborhood crazy.

For now anyway, once school starts he'll get an earful of the REAL crazy neighbor lady at the bus stop.
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Haha lack of caffiene is a terrible thing
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I would have done the same thing.....and I have.

Another thing I do....if I ask the kids for one of them to do something for me, like close the door (to stick with your example) -- whoever DARES to volunteer a sibling is definitely the one I will insist does it.

tracy0812
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I've done it too. I've gone so far as to come in the house, take the boy by his arm, and lead him back to the car. My neighbors laugh at me. I figure if he learns his lesson, I did a good job!

Why do kids do that?? It drives me nuts. 2 seconds of their time! Grrrr!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Why does dh leave his garbage on the table which is 2ft from the trash? Why does the laundry get thrown next to the hamper? Why does it take no effort to flush a toilet but its constantly being forgotten? Why do the kids spend 15 mins looking for the remote when they could turn the radio on manually in seconds?

Quoting tracy0812:

I've done it too. I've gone so far as to come in the house, take the boy by his arm, and lead him back to the car. My neighbors laugh at me. I figure if he learns his lesson, I did a good job!

Why do kids do that?? It drives me nuts. 2 seconds of their time! Grrrr!

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Lol I wouldn't have thought you were crazy, I'd thought it was amusing.
FireMoonGypsy
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Life isn't good before the first cup o' joe. 

Just bake him a cake and leave it on his doorstep. Everyone loves cake. 

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Good for you for standing on principle. If more people did it, you wouldn't have looked so crazy. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)