Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband isn't allowed to sit on the couches UPDATED

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 114 Replies
2 moms liked this
We were in the market for new furniture and I couldnt find anything I liked so I decided to take one of my uncle's couches and loveseats. Mostly because its free and my grandmother has been talking about it forever. My grandmother is still under the impression that we're in our first few years of marriage and can't afford anything so she's always giving us stuff. Even stuff we don't really want. And its not that we really don't want the stuff-its just that she makes getting it so fuckin' complicated I want to scream and then do shots of tequila until I faceplant on the floor.

So to get these couches we have to have my uncle, because they're in his storage unit and a truck. My grandmother and uncle were going to take care of that. Except they kept calling me every day to find out if I had a truck. I told her every time that nothing had changed and I had not met anyone with a truck. We were renting a U-Haul. She insisted on paying. Now, idk what the eff is wrong exactly with U-Haul but it was a pain in the ass to reserve on around here. I called like three different locations and one number was disconnected, one of them the lines were getting crossed or something and one of them was a wrong number. I finally got one and I recognized the highway it was on. My maps app said it was about 24mins away. That's a little further than we wanted to go but whatever. I just wanted to get this over and done with bc my grandmother had imposed some sort of deadline for this whole thing.

So anyway, I told everyone the address multiple times. My husband used to work around there. My uncle grew up in the area. At some point someone could have said "That's in the city." Also, at some point my husband could have helped out and helped me find a U-Haul because he was right there when I was calling and the numbers for the locations weren't working. But he didn't.

So he texts me from the car with my grandmother and is like "You screwed this up. Its too far away blah blah blah." So I'm like "Okay. Call them and cancel the reservation. And try to get in touch with a closer U-Haul. If you can. But you probably can't. Because the numbers listed weren't available."

And he's like "No this is YOUR thing." My thing? Uh. He was on board for these couches because he wants to sit on his ass and play video games. I guess they're just MY couches. So I wrote back "Fine. Well then don't think you can sit on MY couches. Since this is MY thing and you're just some poor victim that got roped into it."

I mean seriously. Teamwork, hubs. Teamwork.

UPDATE 1: I've gotten THREE emails from U-Haul because my reservation has been changed. I tried to log into it with my order number and last name, like it requires and couldn't. I used my grandmother's last name and got in. They've changed location types. Then I got a call from my grandmother accusing me of purposely selecting a U-Haul location that was far away. WTF. LMAO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh men.
FireCoyote
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Lol wow. Just......wow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this
The only one making things complicated is you.
dalbax2
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

So....you are punishing him because he wasn't more help in finding a rental company?  SMH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Lol. My mom does that crap. I have two recliners I just want to set on the curb for tomorrow's trash run. Yet my husband just HAD to accept them after I said no. I appreciate the gesture but from my mom it comes with a price. One that's not even in the fine print.

Right now my brother and his gf are getting a house and my mom is giving them all kinds of crap. LOL. Better them than me.
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I mean, there aren't really "strings" attached but its always a ridiculous time getting them. I'm like "WE DON'T NEED THIS."

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. My mom does that crap. I have two recliners I just want to set on the curb for tomorrow's trash run. Yet my husband just HAD to accept them after I said no. I appreciate the gesture but from my mom it comes with a price. One that's not even in the fine print.

Right now my brother and his gf are getting a house and my mom is giving them all kinds of crap. LOL. Better them than me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missmamaof4
by Miss Mary on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont know why this story cracked me up but it did

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I didn't make anything complicated. It got complicated because my grandmother created this deadline of getting this done by today. If I'd had more time I might have been able to find a U-Haul that was closer. We would have had time to just go to one and reserve truck AT the place.

Quoting Anonymous:

The only one making things complicated is you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
It was meant to be slightly amusing. I'm not really going to ban him from the couches. But I want to.

Quoting missmamaof4:

I dont know why this story cracked me up but it did

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured