Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want you at my wedding!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can NOT STAND my DFs mother but we always just put up with each other anyway but for the past month and a half I haven't been allowed to go over to their house with DF. My LO isnt his and thats a big reason I think they don't like me but they knew that the whole time I was pregnant. Now my LO is now 4 mo. And my DF finally told me that his parents just don't think im good for him and don't like me.

I can honestly say I've tried to do everything in my power to be nice to them and show them how much I care for their son. His dad was even trying to push us to get married and then outta no where they hate me. Idk if DF told them something and isnt telling me but idk...

Anyway I don't want his mom around my child or at our wedding because of all the shit I've heard she's said about me and how she's been acting. She comments all the time how my LO IS NOT her grandchild but of course DF said we wont get married if she's not there. So I told him that I don't want her to speak to me its my day and ill just want to punch her in the face.

Sorry if its confusing im so tired, sick, and on medication right now and now im just pissed.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Replies (31-40):
MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Dump him. Seriously. You've already got a taste of how your marriage is going to be.. and you and your kid will not be first. His mommy and sissy will be.

Seriously, find someone who will put your family first.
Quoting Anonymous:

I suggested that and he said he wouldn't do it without his parents and sister there. -_-

Quoting disneymom2two:

You won't be the first bride whos new MIL doesn't like her and you won't be the last.  I don't think you can not invite her to the wedding unless perhaps you just go to city hall and don't tell anyone.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM
No we dated for a while then broke up because of distance and like 2 months later I got pregnant and then we ended up getting back together when I was 3 months pregnant because my LOs dad was abusive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is she not his because you cheated on him?

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM

If you marry him, there will never be a moments peace in the house. You two will always be at odd's with his family. Is that what you really want? 

If you marry him, you might as well get used to sucking it up, might as well start with your wedding cause nothing will change.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM
If I was MIL I don't think I would be happy about my DS being involved either. Its not just your day ifs his too, if you get to invite who you want then he shod be able to do the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

No we dated for a while then broke up because of distance and like 2 months later I got pregnant and then we ended up getting back together when I was 3 months pregnant because my LOs dad was abusive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is she not his because you cheated on him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM

No, he's a mama's boy because he is allowing his mother to throw a childish fit and ban the woman he is going to marry from her home because she's not good enough for her precious baby boy instead of being a man and living his life as an adult and telling mommy it's time to cut the cord.

Quoting Anonymous:

SO if he does not insult and cut of his Mother from his life, he's a mamas boy?

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't marry the mommas boy!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM
RUN!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM

So he needs his family at his wedding (understandable), but then his wife and child he is raising will not be welcomed in their home? Will he leave you alone on holidays to be with them? Connect the dots, as this can't really end well, unless you all can get this resolved. I have to wonder how much bitching he did about you while you two were broken up and you have to know that it would be tough from a parental perspective that you got pregnant after only two months apart. If he is determined to make this work with you, he needs to take a stand and not go there if you are not welcome, and I am a woman with grown sons. I know the SO and children should come first if I want a relationship with my children.

JBiiirdD
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM
"I can NOT STAND my DFs mother but we always just put up with each other..."

I stopped reading here. If you can't get along with her now, it won't get any better after the wedding.
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM

If your fiance cannot stand up to his parents now and stand by you, then there is no hope for you once you're married.  He should have told them that if you're not allowed at their house then he won't be going over there either.  Are you sure you want a lifetime of this nonsense?

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Is he really worth the issues you are going to continue to have with her?

What do you guys do in holidays?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN