Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want you at my wedding!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can NOT STAND my DFs mother but we always just put up with each other anyway but for the past month and a half I haven't been allowed to go over to their house with DF. My LO isnt his and thats a big reason I think they don't like me but they knew that the whole time I was pregnant. Now my LO is now 4 mo. And my DF finally told me that his parents just don't think im good for him and don't like me.

I can honestly say I've tried to do everything in my power to be nice to them and show them how much I care for their son. His dad was even trying to push us to get married and then outta no where they hate me. Idk if DF told them something and isnt telling me but idk...

Anyway I don't want his mom around my child or at our wedding because of all the shit I've heard she's said about me and how she's been acting. She comments all the time how my LO IS NOT her grandchild but of course DF said we wont get married if she's not there. So I told him that I don't want her to speak to me its my day and ill just want to punch her in the face.

Sorry if its confusing im so tired, sick, and on medication right now and now im just pissed.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Replies (41-50):
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Sounds to me like you don't need to be getting married to him at all.  HE needs to be the one to man up to his mother and not give in to her crap.  Apparently, he can't.  You don't need to be stuck with someone who is going to put you after his mommy for the rest of your life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I'm sure this is not the whole story OP is telling. He is a good DS for not allowing her wife to be an ass. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No, he's a mama's boy because he is allowing his mother to throw a childish fit and ban the woman he is going to marry from her home because she's not good enough for her precious baby boy instead of being a man and living his life as an adult and telling mommy it's time to cut the cord.

Quoting Anonymous:

SO if he does not insult and cut of his Mother from his life, he's a mamas boy?

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't marry the mommas boy!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM
We had broke up two months before I even got pregnant. And my LOs dad was abusive so at 3 mo. pregnant I left and DF came back and asked me out and things just worked out and were happy.

And I love him and he's in the military so I know sooneroor later we will move far far away...

Quoting AjsMom0508:

Sounds like he doesn't really want to marry you.

On a side note why is he not the father of your child and why would you want to marry into a family where you are obviously not wanted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM
He says he does but idk what really goes on when im not there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think he stands up for you when they talk about you. When he goes over there do you believe he is trying to fix things?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM
We had dated before I got pregnant and just ended up getting back together. And were not getting married for like another 6 or so months. Also his dad was the one who was pushing the married this so hard

Quoting VinVanMom:

He met you pregnant with another mans baby? You're already getting married? I wouldn't be a happy mil either. 

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Having been married to someone whose family hated me for ten years, I can tell you that it doesn't get any better & I would think long and hard about whether or not you want that kind of stress for the rest of your life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM

bump

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM
What will be worse is if they have a child together and that one is treated well. The kid will feel even worse then. :(

Quoting brettsmomma:

From this small post it seems to me that your husband is encouraging this.  He is wanting to marry you then he should quell his moms mouth. At some point he is going to need to stand up to her. and as far as your son goes why would you even want to marry into a family that already doesn't accept him fully. can you imagine how he will feel once he is 5? 

you truly need to rethink this whole thing and have it come to some kind of conclusion BEFORE you take the vows, or it will never change afterwards. 

good luck! 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I probably wouldn't be thrilled if I was the MIL either. You guys have had a tumultuous relationship in the past. As far as your LO, the baby is not her grandchild and while she should of course treat her decently, you cannot expect her to be over the moon about your baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Ya his mom is just psycho and will ruin it.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I was MIL I don't think I would be happy about my DS being involved either. Its not just your day ifs his too, if you get to invite who you want then he shod be able to do the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

No we dated for a while then broke up because of distance and like 2 months later I got pregnant and then we ended up getting back together when I was 3 months pregnant because my LOs dad was abusive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is she not his because you cheated on him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)