Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want you at my wedding!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can NOT STAND my DFs mother but we always just put up with each other anyway but for the past month and a half I haven't been allowed to go over to their house with DF. My LO isnt his and thats a big reason I think they don't like me but they knew that the whole time I was pregnant. Now my LO is now 4 mo. And my DF finally told me that his parents just don't think im good for him and don't like me.

I can honestly say I've tried to do everything in my power to be nice to them and show them how much I care for their son. His dad was even trying to push us to get married and then outta no where they hate me. Idk if DF told them something and isnt telling me but idk...

Anyway I don't want his mom around my child or at our wedding because of all the shit I've heard she's said about me and how she's been acting. She comments all the time how my LO IS NOT her grandchild but of course DF said we wont get married if she's not there. So I told him that I don't want her to speak to me its my day and ill just want to punch her in the face.

Sorry if its confusing im so tired, sick, and on medication right now and now im just pissed.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
I think it's both of your day and his mom should be there either way. If you can't play nice for one day how can you expect to spend the rest of your lives together?
FireMoonGypsy
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM

If this is true and you have tried hard to be nice and work with his family and they are treating you poorly BUT your fiance is not seeing the big picture and calling his family out on it, then run. 

Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. 

If he isn't standing up for you now, then he probably won't. If you were being a haneous bitch or something and instigated this, then okay. But if he is too blind to see that his family is in the wrong, it probably won't change after marriage. 

Sorry :(

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

newmom121812
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Let us know when your getting a divorce
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I hear ya... :( I'm having similar issues with DF's cousins and Aunt. Because my kids are bi-racial they throw racist comments and claim that because my kids are "not of my race" we get every single thing handed to us.

HunnyBabie
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM

You said he won't marry you if she's not there???  That makes it sound like he's choosing her over you and that is not something that's likely to change.  You said you're tired, sick, and on meds, so IDK exactly how bad that part of it is, but I'm going to say: BE CAREFUL!!!

And, (((hugs))) I hope you feel better soon. :)

kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM
This

Quoting RoxStetz:

Don't get married. Your df chose his mother when he said he won't get married without her there. I say move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM
He probably does. To be honest he has probably been going over to try and work things out. This is probably difficult on him being stuck in the middle of his parents and the women he loves. Of course he wants his parents at his wedding. I would be more worried if he doesn't. He probably isn't telling you everything because he does not want to hurt your feelings and to make matters worse. If you love him just marry him and deal with his parents. I can tell you from personal experience that a man having parents that don't approve sucks but it is still workable. It just means you have to rise above them and let it slide.

Quoting Anonymous:

He says he does but idk what really goes on when im not there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think he stands up for you when they talk about you. When he goes over there do you believe he is trying to fix things?

mistressflora
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

yeah I know what you mean, my dhs grand parents were uninvited to the wedding bc they were doing nothing but talking shit about me and tried to get my at the time fiance Now dh, to go back to his ex and leave me and our kids 2 weeks before our wedding.  Needless to say, my dh had to call the cops on his stalker ex.  and they wonder why I didnt want them at my wedding lol! wow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Yeah...

I hate to break it to you, but this is all because of timing.

Mom doesn't like that the whole damn world is going to know that her darling boy chose to date a pregnant woman and raise her kid.  If the kid was five, guaranteed it wouldn't be as big a deal.  If y'all had gotten married sooner, she could have made it out like the kid was his.  

My advice:  Be direct with your future MIL.  Tell her that of course she should be at the wedding, because that's what her son wants and naturally, that's what you want too.  Say that you are aware that there is some kind of issue, but of course, you want to be a part of fixing it.  Then, see what she says and does.  Bet you the old John Deere and a bushel of sorghum that she lightens up quite a bit right away.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Face your problems.   I would arrange to have  meeting with his mom.  

Maybe you can get together and watch Monster-In-Law.   :-)   It is a great movie, and your situation sounds similar.   Seriously,   just try to talk it out between you two.   yes,  your fiance' sould stick up for you.   All too often no one tries to solve the core of their problems and expects others' to do it for them. .   Try to resolve it.

Is there something nice you can do for her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)