Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please share your cheap meal recipes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

I need some inspiration,  pen and paper on hand.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanes_mom0109
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Bump I could use some help with this
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this

cheapest meal I make is beans, butter, black, pinto or northern are our faves, cost under $2 a bag, dump in crock pot with a medium onion, about 50cents and a couple cloves of garlic, about 25cents....cook for 6 hours in crock pot, then when they are done season with salt, pepper and for the butter beans a little Liquid Smoke, for the black and pintos a little Louisiana Hot Sauce, (or Tabasco if you must) and the northern a little butter and Italian seasoning..serve with corn bread, tortillas or garlic bread accordingly, add a veg or salad to round it out....you will have enough leftovers, which you can freeze, use for the next meal or take for lunch

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I'm making this tonight.  It's no gourmet meal, but kids tend to love it.

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/easy-layered-beef-enchiladas/9417e5b7-a5a1-4180-bf9a-fb324ac59d14 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Yum that looks awesome

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm making this tonight.  It's no gourmet meal, but kids tend to love it.

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/easy-layered-beef-enchiladas/9417e5b7-a5a1-4180-bf9a-fb324ac59d14 

kimber2465
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM

beans and ham, gumbo, jambalaya, chicken spaghetti, meatloaf, strongaoff, chicken fried steak, pulled pork

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting shivasgirl:

cheapest meal I make is beans, butter, black, pinto or northern are our faves, cost under $2 a bag, dump in crock pot with a medium onion, about 50cents and a couple cloves of garlic, about 25cents....cook for 6 hours in crock pot, then when they are done season with salt, pepper and for the butter beans a little Liquid Smoke, for the black and pintos a little Louisiana Hot Sauce, (or Tabasco if you must) and the northern a little butter and Italian seasoning..serve with corn bread, tortillas or garlic bread accordingly, add a veg or salad to round it out....you will have enough leftovers, which you can freeze, use for the next meal or take for lunch

I totally love this idea, thank you
monkeyprincessa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Stealing this as well. my kids love beans, but i have always hated them so don't know much to do with em. LOL

Quoting shivasgirl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1lb Elbow macaroni
Cheese
Hamburger
Pasta sauce.
You can throw in any vegetable or peppers.

Make the noodles.
Add in cheese meat and whatever.
Pour it in a pan and bake it at 350 for 30 minutes.
It makes a lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

1lb Elbow macaroni
Cheese
Hamburger
Pasta sauce.
You can throw in any vegetable or peppers.

Make the noodles.
Add in cheese meat and whatever.
Pour it in a pan and bake it at 350 for 30 minutes.
It makes a lot.

When I was young, My Mom used to throw a little Velvetta cheese with a jar of tomato sauce, yummy. I love your idea, reminds me of Hamburger Helper
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I am forever buying beans from the Dollar Store,  I love seeing easy recipes like this

Quoting monkeyprincessa:

Stealing this as well. my kids love beans, but i have always hated them so don't know much to do with em. LOL

Quoting shivasgirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)