Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please share your cheap meal recipes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

I need some inspiration,  pen and paper on hand.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanes_mom0109
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Bump I could use some help with this
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this

cheapest meal I make is beans, butter, black, pinto or northern are our faves, cost under $2 a bag, dump in crock pot with a medium onion, about 50cents and a couple cloves of garlic, about 25cents....cook for 6 hours in crock pot, then when they are done season with salt, pepper and for the butter beans a little Liquid Smoke, for the black and pintos a little Louisiana Hot Sauce, (or Tabasco if you must) and the northern a little butter and Italian seasoning..serve with corn bread, tortillas or garlic bread accordingly, add a veg or salad to round it out....you will have enough leftovers, which you can freeze, use for the next meal or take for lunch

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I'm making this tonight.  It's no gourmet meal, but kids tend to love it.

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/easy-layered-beef-enchiladas/9417e5b7-a5a1-4180-bf9a-fb324ac59d14 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Yum that looks awesome

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm making this tonight.  It's no gourmet meal, but kids tend to love it.

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/easy-layered-beef-enchiladas/9417e5b7-a5a1-4180-bf9a-fb324ac59d14 

kimber2465
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM

beans and ham, gumbo, jambalaya, chicken spaghetti, meatloaf, strongaoff, chicken fried steak, pulled pork

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting shivasgirl:

cheapest meal I make is beans, butter, black, pinto or northern are our faves, cost under $2 a bag, dump in crock pot with a medium onion, about 50cents and a couple cloves of garlic, about 25cents....cook for 6 hours in crock pot, then when they are done season with salt, pepper and for the butter beans a little Liquid Smoke, for the black and pintos a little Louisiana Hot Sauce, (or Tabasco if you must) and the northern a little butter and Italian seasoning..serve with corn bread, tortillas or garlic bread accordingly, add a veg or salad to round it out....you will have enough leftovers, which you can freeze, use for the next meal or take for lunch

I totally love this idea, thank you
monkeyprincessa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Stealing this as well. my kids love beans, but i have always hated them so don't know much to do with em. LOL

Quoting shivasgirl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1lb Elbow macaroni
Cheese
Hamburger
Pasta sauce.
You can throw in any vegetable or peppers.

Make the noodles.
Add in cheese meat and whatever.
Pour it in a pan and bake it at 350 for 30 minutes.
It makes a lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

1lb Elbow macaroni
Cheese
Hamburger
Pasta sauce.
You can throw in any vegetable or peppers.

Make the noodles.
Add in cheese meat and whatever.
Pour it in a pan and bake it at 350 for 30 minutes.
It makes a lot.

When I was young, My Mom used to throw a little Velvetta cheese with a jar of tomato sauce, yummy. I love your idea, reminds me of Hamburger Helper
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I am forever buying beans from the Dollar Store,  I love seeing easy recipes like this

Quoting monkeyprincessa:

Stealing this as well. my kids love beans, but i have always hated them so don't know much to do with em. LOL

Quoting shivasgirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN