Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please share your cheap meal recipes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I need some inspiration,  pen and paper on hand.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Replies (61-62):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM

start them out with a little garam masala in the rice.. I dont ever use chilis in my Indian food so my kids love it for the taste, not the heat

Quoting Groove:

I haven't had real cheese in years. The parm cheese tastes what I remember parm cheese tastes like. But the other cheeses are a no for me. Lol. We love Indian in this house but my girls don't have the taste for it yet. Btw, curry is so cheap. Brb w recipe to share.

Quoting shivasgirl:

sounds like it would be good, I am not vegan so I dont know how the cheeses fare, we usually eat ours Indian style with puris

Quoting Groove:

I came back to this post to find the veggie rice bake thing. My kids LOVE rice, probably more than they should. I'm gonna double the recipe, add seasonings and use veg broth. Mmmmmmm. Maybe sprinkle some vegan parm cheese on it?

Quoting shivasgirl:

we also do dump dinner....you can use frozen bags of all of this stuff or use your own diced potatoes and whatever leftover veg you have

two pounds of diced potatoes, a medium diced onion, add half bags of frozen corn, peas, carrots, green beans or whatever you have leftover, toss in olive oil and seasonings of your choice, my kids love curry or Italian, then bake at 400 until potatoes are tender and crispy to your taste

veggie rice bake...1 cup rice, veggies of your choice, 2 cups water or veg broth, put in baking dish and cover tightly with foil, 400n degrees for one hour, toss with a little butter or olive oil and serve

mamasaurusRex
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Bean soup is so cheap. Soak beans over night. Add water or broth to a pot. Add beans and any veggies and spices you like. Simmer for 2 hours. Blend 1/2 of the mixture and then add back to the pot. Simmer another hour or 2. Then you can freeze the left overs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)