Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He ate all the

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 5 Replies
Dumplings out of the chicken and dumplings. There's seriously everything else left I know dh likes the dumplings but what's the point of trying to be healthy if you don't eat the chicken peas or carrots? Okay now for my question. Can I just add cream of chicken soup to that and mix up some bisquick and make a chicken pot pie?
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
myangels2
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Why the can soup? Just make up a roux...that will thicken it up nice.

Eta...you can thicken the soup, then add a bisquick top. I think it's two cups bisquick, and 2/3 milk.
209mom4you
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I don't know I have never made a chicken pot pie and everything I read said that soup. I will just make a roux.. Good thinking.

Quoting myangels2:

myangels2
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Sorry.....bisquick top is 2 cups bisquick, 1 1/2 cups milk.

Thicken your soup, then pour bisquick on top, bake until bisquick is a golden brown.

If your DH didn't eat all the dumplings your soup would have been nice and thick today....ass! lol!

Quoting 209mom4you:

I don't know I have never made a chicken pot pie and everything I read said that soup. I will just make a roux.. Good thinking.

Quoting myangels2:

209mom4you
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Well he got home late and so this morning I was like how was dinner? He says oh I are almost all of it. So I thought cool I go to wash the dishes and only his bowl is in the sink. I look in the fridge sure enough it looks like he picked the dumplings out. He's gonna eat this meal water he likes it or not!

Quoting myangels2:

Sorry.....bisquick top is 2 cups bisquick, 1 1/2 cups milk.

Thicken your soup, then pour bisquick on top, bake until bisquick is a golden brown.

If your DH didn't eat all the dumplings your soup would have been nice and thick today....ass! lol!

Quoting 209mom4you:

Quoting myangels2:

209mom4you
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Well he got home late and so this morning I was like how was dinner? He says oh I are almost all of it. So I thought cool I go to wash the dishes and only his bowl is in the sink. I look in the fridge sure enough it looks like he picked the dumplings out. He's gonna eat this meal whether he likes it or not!

Quoting myangels2:Sorry.....bisquick top is 2 cups bisquick, 1 1/2 cups milk.

Quoting 209mom4you:I don't know I have never made a chicken pot pie and everything I read said that soup. I will just make a roux.. Good thinking.

Quoting myangels2:Why the can soup? Just make up a roux...that will thicken it up nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured