Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sent this note to my neighbour ** story added *****SPOKE WITH HER

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

she has been sending threats to me everytime my dog is put outside through an 8 year old.. I do not have the time atm to go speak to her so I am sending her this note.

Opinions?

** The story**

This neighbour would not come speak to me herself but was having my little sister (8) who is visiting me until Tuesday relay messages. She was saying that my dog was barking - not true. She barks two barks max before I get after her and she stops... the reason for this is she will hold in her ''business'' if I take her right back inside so I make sure she does it outside. She is only out for 15-20 minutes at a time, and barks for *maybe* 30 seconds that whole time. Even when she is not barking, this neighbour will send someone over telling me to take the dog indoors. She just simply did not want her outside and in her words ''she should be put in the basement instead of outdoors'' um...what?

I sent the note because I have to place my dog back outdoors in about 10 minutes now and I wanted to make sure that this issue was being handled before I put the dog outdoors again as part of her training. *Note while she is outside she is on a leash and is in my back yard. I found out who this neighbour was after sending the letter, and its the neighbour whos little dog is yappy and runs free throughout the neighbourhood. This makes me extra mad that she would say something to me about my animal, when she does that with hers.

*** So I will of course be paraphrasing because I can not remember the conversation we all had word for word. lol.

So once my mother got back to my house I went over, she as usual was sitting outside with her dog running around (unleashed) the neighbourhood. I informed her I needed to speak with her about what happened and how things should be handled in the future.

I let her know that aside from the very few times that my pooch has got outside through following a kid out of my house that she is never unleashed and that hasnt happened in months except the time Friday night at midnight when my brother ordered himself food and him and delivery guy let the dog out (by accident) while I was getting my yds back to sleep (woke up thristy).

She said that she knows my dog is never left outside alone and the only time she is unleashed is when I am outside with her. She complimented me on the fact that my dog is a GOOD DOG and stays right with me while we are outside. (Seriously, she never leaves my side). 

I informed her that considering it was her, the woman who constantly called me over to have conversations with her (I usually kept them very short, and polite) that I did not appreciate the fact that she had sent my little sister over with threats instead of coming to talk to me.

She said she figured they would be more effective given my age...

I informed her that while yes I am the youngest mother on the block, that my age played no role in how she should speak to me. I am not like the other neighbours who have crazy parties etc and I would have much prefered face to face contact. I then informed her that I was told she said my dog was out at 7am..

She said she was...

I informed her we are NEVER up at 7am during the summer and that there was no way it was my dog, and that today we didnt even wake before 10am.

She thought about it for a few minutes

I informed her that PERHAPS it was the little dog behind my house who basically lives outside (fenced in yard) but that there was no way it was dog. I asked her when the last time she even saw my dog go on a barking fit.

She agreed she never saw my dog on a barking fit.

I informed her from now on if she'd like she can come over and speak to me about any issues she may be having and we would sit on talk about them like adults. she *GASP ARE YOU READY FOR THIS* admitted that yes she was acting like a child by playing the phone game of sending other people other.

So there you have it folks, my passive aggresive letter worked. C'est Le Vie!

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM
To small to read. Type out please?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM

ok.

two4one
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

While you should not be receiving threats, if you dog us barking for extended periods, you need to correct her or bring her inside.

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM

She is not though, she will let out two barks and then I am at the door again telling her 'no..go pee' then she stops. I do not allow her to bark like crazy, and I do correct her for it. Which is why I was so mad about this. Especially since I just found out that apparently the woman who has been making these threats is the same woman who would call me over to say hello etc and who has a small dog like mine who roams the neighbourhood.

Quoting two4one:

While you should not be receiving threats, if you dog us barking for extended periods, you need to correct her or bring her inside.

BAMFSFW
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I would never send a note, it's too passive aggressive for me. I would go over there, knock on her door & nicely ask her to talk. 

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM

"Dear Neighbour,

I am sorry that you feel dogs should be kept ''in the basement'' or that you were not aware (especially small) will bark. This ''crazy dog'' as you refer to her is in the process of being re-house train ***DAMN I JUST NOTICED THAT TYPO NOW** therefore she is required (especially by her size + breed) to be placed outside at shorter gapped + longer length times so she can learn to go outside. Somehow you feel this is an incoveniece, even though you are not a direct neighbour to myself.

Now that being said, I much prefer to handle things in life as an adult in a civil matter. That involves not having an 8 year old come to relay useless threats. Such as the police - this is not a noise control hours, I am well within my legal right to place my dog out for her to do her business. She is not neglected or abused. & calling the SPCA - with whoms regulations I follow (by the way, if you did you would know legally they do not intervene in the removal or investigation of these matters.

Now if you wish to come speak in an adult (mature) fashion you will get better results than threats, at that time I will work with you to resolve this. Until then I will ignore you like a child having a tantrum.

-Dog Owner (Christina)"

Quoting Anonymous:

To small to read. Type out please?

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM

At that moment I was feeding my kids a snack and couldnt leave plus I had no idea who I was sending it to.  I wanted to have this sent before my dog has to go back outside (in about 15 minutes).

Quoting BAMFSFW:

I would never send a note, it's too passive aggressive for me. I would go over there, knock on her door & nicely ask her to talk. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, you talk so much about being an adult, but implying that she is a child having a tantrum does not sound very mature on your part.

IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Love it.  Polite, yet snarky and calls her out on her immaturity.

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM

That is exactly what she is acting like by having an 8 year old come and tell me all these threats.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know, you talk so much about being an adult, but implying that she is a child having a tantrum does not sound very mature on your part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)