Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

Poll

Question: How much weight did you gain??

Options:

None

1-5

6-10

11-15

16-20

21-25

26-35

36-40

40+

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 86

View Results

Right now im 30 weeks pregnant and ive only gained 4 lbs. I was very tiny to begin with so im not too surprised. Im also an extremely healthy/clean eater so I think that has a lot to do with it. I kind of wonder how accurate the 25-35 lb recommendatation is for pregnancy. I think if your eating right and taking in the right amount of calories (so not over indulging or under eating) then you likely wouldnt gain that much.. But maybe im wrong??

I do hate the cookie cutter pregnancy guidelines they have for every woman. We are all different and our bodies are all different, were not going to be the same.

My doctor keeps saying they want to do an ultrasound to make sure baby is developing properly, even though im measuring right on. I dont have an issue with that but it kind of makes me feel like im doing something wrong because I didnt gain the recommended amount of weight. I eat so much nutritious/wholesome food that I know baby is thriving and getting everything he needs. 

How much did you gain? Were you a healthy eater?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM

My first time I gained 40lbs. I used pregnancy as an excuse to eat what I wanted, when I wanted. Then I wondered why it took me over a year to lose the weight!

This time around I'm being more conscious. So far I'm right on track. I'm 35 weeks and have gained about 20lbs.

zeenah
by Zarah on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I ate healthy. I gained 18 lbs. dd was 7lbs 13oz at birth and very healthy.

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM

with  my first, 50 lbs, but i had severe pre-e.

with my second about 25.... 

Val99
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM

omg I was such a blimp with both of mine! lol   The only food that wouldn't come back up when pregnant with my daughter was cheese pizza and devil dogs.  It was a long nine months.   I was 163 lbs after giving birth to my daughter.  I felt as big as a house, but two months later I was back down to 107 lbs.

momofhnd
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:06 PM
10 lbs with my first 50 with my second
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I gained exactly 35 lbs... which is what my doctor told me to expect. 2 weeks after birth I was back down to my original 116 lbs.
airgoddess777
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM
34 lbs
34 lbs
18 lbs
25 lbs
40 lbs (twins)
BewitchedKisses
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM

When I got pregnant with my first I was 135lbs. At the end of the pregnancy I was 230lbs. I'm 5'11" for reference. I had an eating disorder and the doctor convinced me that I would kill myself and the baby if I didn't start eating. So I ate. EVERTYTHING. 

With my second I was 175lbs when I got pregnant, and 260lbs at the end. No eating disorder this time, just bed rest. I had Preeclampsia and I was in the hospital for eight weeks. No movement + lots of food = tons of weight gain. 

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I voted 6-10, but it has varied over my 4 pregnancies.

The most I have gained is 12, and with my 4th baby - I weighed in a few pounds below my pre pregnancy weight.

I am not a big person to begin with, and I am also a healthy eater - and active. When you're pregnant, you're burning extra calories - so if you're eating well and exercising I don't see how it's possible to gain a bunch of weight... Especially before the 28-30 week mark, when baby starts to gain weight more rapidly.

ETA: My babies were 8lbs 8oz, 6lbs 12 oz, 6lbs 7 oz, 7lbs 1 oz.

VarelaClan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Other...because my 4 pregnancies don't all fit into 1 catergory. I gained 28, 25, 16, and 20lbs. The funny thing is that I had the hardest time loosing the weight from the 2 I gained the least from. By 2 weeks postpartum, I had lost the weight of the 2 I gained the most with. Weird.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)