Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She says my son is racist!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
My boys are outside playing. My youngest son's name is Nick. We call him Nicky Noodle for the most part.

They play baseball from 10 in the morning until bedtime pretty much. My oldest normally announces the games. Neighborhood kids come over to play. It's normally a fun time.

This morning, I get a knock at the door. The lady is furious. She says her daughter (who is biracial) said the boys have been using the racial slur 'niggers.' I was shocked!

Truth is, my oldest had called Nicky, 'nick-ers' as in Nick-er-roo (a nickname his preK teacher gave him) since he was born. I corrected him when he was little because I realized how bad it sounded, with Nick-er-roo, it didn't sound nearly as bad.

I heard him announce it, 'Next to bat is number fifteeeeeennnn, Nick-er Noodle from _____.'

Anyway, I tried to explain this to my neighbor and she just didn't accept it. Told me our family is racist which is a bunch of bologna!! My kids don't look it, but they are half Mexican. I've had her daughter play at our house for years, she eats dinner over here!

The boys are just little. How can I convince the neighbor that the kids meant no harm? They do not even know what racism is; they are nine and seven! This was the ONLY occurrence whatsoever. Geez!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

You tried she ignored Its her problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM
You probably won't convince her. Sounds like she is looking for a reason to be upset.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I really don't want to just ignore it. I don't want the drama and I defiantly don't want my boys to be labeled. Around here, a story gets twisted 1000 different ways! I want to stop this quick before rumors get started....

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

tracy0812
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM
It's a cute nickname! Some people, no matter what you do or say, refuse to admit they may have been wrong. Some people see racism in everything. I'd just ignore it. You tried to explain what she heard. She ignored you. Her issue.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM
She has issues.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I really don't want to just ignore it. I don't want the drama and I defiantly don't want my boys to be labeled. Around here, a story gets twisted 1000 different ways! I want to stop this quick before rumors get started....

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

there is no way to stop it. Youcan't be responsible for how she thinks or what she says. People will judge your children on their behavior not what someone else says about them. let it go like it never happened.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Gee some people are so quick to assume the negative. You explained it to her that's all you can do. If the child has been playing at your house for years I don't understand why she's never heard it or why her mother is jumping on negative.
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Let her go on her way... she's not wanting to listen... let it bite her in the ass later on when it hits her. 

FireMoonGypsy
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM

She sounds like she is looking for a reason to fight. 

That's sad for her. She needs to calm down. I'm sorry she's not listening. 

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Shes a spazz, making drama out of nothing. Shes already made her choice to think you're racist. Leave her alone. Eventually shes just going to alienate herself from everyone in the neighborhood, because, I doubt anyone thinks you're racist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)