Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Earthquake yet again in nys

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 29 Replies

This is the second actual earthquake that we had in the last few years here in ny.  Apperently it happend at like 930 am but it was north of me (about an hour) so i didnt feel it here, but I remember the last one we got  I def felt that one!  

If you asked me 10 years ago if we would ever get earthquakes here, I would laugh and say no! Now I say, anything is possible. 

Update: 2.7 magnitude earthquake in Queensbury

Posted: Aug 25, 2013 10:38 AM EDT

QUEENSBURY, N.Y. -   The USGS National Earthquake Center has confirmed to News10 that there was an earthquake around the Glens Falls area Sunday.

They say it occurred at 9:33AM and was originally measured as a 2.3 magnitude quake but has since been upgraded to a 2.7.

Many residents of Glens Falls, Fort Edward, Corinth, Queensbury, Hudson falls, Lake George, and Lake Luzerne have contacted News10 as well as the earthquake center saying they felt the movement.

It was 6 miles southsoutheast of Warrensburg, NY.

There are no reports of injuries at this time.

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I didn't feel it. I was out grocery shopping at that time.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I have a ton of family in that whole area, so my fb feed was crazy first thing this morning. Kinda funny because after living in cali most of my life, 2.7 is a baby quake to me.
mistressflora
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I was sleeping lol idont think I wuold have felt anything if I was alseep anyways.  from what I got from news updates only really that general area felt something, not everyone though!  When we had the other one a few years back I was living in Kingston and it took the building I was in and just totally shook the hell out of it. We were al levactuated, when we asked my mil who lives 5 mins away if she felt it she said no! I still smh to how these things work.

Quoting Anonymous:

mistressflora
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM

haha yeah I can imagine,  

Quoting hautemama83:

I have a ton of family in that whole area, so my fb feed was crazy first thing this morning. Kinda funny because after living in cali most of my life, 2.7 is a baby quake to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Yikes. I blame fracking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I felt that one. I was at work and though I was having a panic attack. I was like "OMG moving.. and so is the wall. I finally dove off the deep end. "

Lol

Quoting mistressflora:

I was sleeping lol idont think I wuold have felt anything if I was alseep anyways.  from what I got from news updates only really that general area felt something, not everyone though!  When we had the other one a few years back I was living in Kingston and it took the building I was in and just totally shook the hell out of it. We were al levactuated, when we asked my mil who lives 5 mins away if she felt it she said no! I still smh to how these things work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That's scary. Imagine a sizeable earthquake in the NYC metro. That would be a disaster in such a densely populated area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM

WOW.......I never knew NYC had earthquakes either......smdh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Would I have felt it in NYC? Because I didn't feel a thing and I've been up since 6:30.
redheadstar
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I remember 2 small earthquakes here in Western,NY.    The first one I noticed the livingroom walls shaking, I swear thought the boiler was acting up and the second time I was watching tv with my boys, I noticed the ceiling fan was going nuts ( fan was not on that day)   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)