Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In two weeks I sign custody of my kids away. ( please READ the POST )

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 361 Replies
5 moms liked this

Because I love them. There is a fine line between fighting for them, and fighting over them. I will not use my children as objects. As something to be drug to court every other month. They will grow up normal happy children because they are loved. And because I love them I am doing what is best right now for them. Two years ago I was a sahm. Raising my 3 beautiful girls. Today I get visitation. I pick them up from school on the days I'm off. They live 10 minutes from me. When I got divorced things were hard. I wasn't getting child support so I moved in with my boyfriend because I needed help. We didn't get married and that started a custody war. My children were placed in temp custody of my ex. I have spent the past few months overcoming severe depression a nervous breakdown and each day I am trying to feel normal again. My kids are very loved and cared for. Surrounded by family. I made the decision to sign away custody so they could keep their normal as much as possible. In two weeks I sign custody away and I will get a check for 9,000 in back child support. My kids will continue living their lives in what is considered our new normal. My ex and I are on ok terms after I pretty much surrendered. I will get open visitation. Any time I want to see them I can. I talk to them daily. Take them for ice cream after school. I love my kids so I'm not GIVING THEM UP. I'm GIVING THEM NORMAL AND HAPPINESS. I am confident in my decision, and I hope they understand some day.

EDIT TO CLARIFY- the papers will be signed at a COURTHOUSE with LAWYERS in front of a JUDGE. the papers will be on MY terms or i will not sign. this is voluntary to quit the fight.

the MONEY- i did not know about it until after we made this decision. i am not SELLING my kids. that will go to pay for me moving to a new house, and i start COLLEGE in january. i think his family came up with the idea with his lawyer so during this time i can go ahead and get my degrees.

its not my RIGHTS- its CUSTODY. i will have open visitation. i see them muliple times a week. and i will get weekends. i dont have to worry about them moving or thier father getting a new wife. hes not into that. hes...different. *i* filed for divorce. i left. he didnt leave me.

i really am doing whats best for them.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:26 PM
22 moms liked this
I don't even know what to say. A mother not fighting for her children, it's very sad to me!
llohagen
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM
11 moms liked this
As long as you stay a consistant part of their lives good for you for trying to do your best by them.
ShellLea
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm glad you were able to do what you needed to for your kids. Hugs and luck your way, mama!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Hugs Mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM
19 moms liked this

No after you sign your rights away you cannot see them anytime you want. You are giving them up. How do you know your ex husband won't pull a jerk move and take the children completely away from you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM
34 moms liked this
Sounds like you are giving away your kids for $9k. Pathetic. Lets see how much you are actually "allowed" to see them after you sign away your rights. I would DIE before I willingly gave my babies away.
Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM
6 moms liked this

I would fight till my last breath for my DD. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM
19 moms liked this

Good Luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM
The point is it was nothing but fighting. My kids being drug to 10 hour court sessions? That was severely painful.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't even know what to say. A mother not fighting for her children, it's very sad to me!

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Glad they can have consistancy but there dad sounds very controlling verging on the edge of abusive... Are you sure this is in the kids' best interest???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)